a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Happy New Year!

Post by brokensword »

smilie-New-Year.gif
smilie-New-Year.gif (26.66 KiB) Viewed 626 times
I hope each has a very Happy New Year and is more blessed than the last!
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by j.w »

Thanks @brokensword and Happy New Year to you and yours and all our forum members also!
HappyNooYear_ .GIF
We shall be logging more today over at the sheep farm! :roll:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:39 pm
YIKES!! No holiday for YOU, I guess! Sheesh, ain'tcha got no football lovers there? Or someone with a NY eve hangover to nurse????

You ain't gonna convince the Kingdom peons to give up their day of rest, o' Queenie!! Ya gots ta lug that wood by yerselves today!!

:queen: :queen: :queen: :queen: :queen: :o :cool:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:34 pm
YIKES!! No holiday for YOU, I guess! Sheesh, ain'tcha got no football lovers there? Or someone with a NY eve hangover to nurse????

You ain't gonna convince the Kingdom peons to give up their day of rest, o' Queenie!! Ya gots ta lug that wood by yerselves today!!

Both of us say "NO" to football! No drinking either!
Now we gotta unload what we brought home today and then go back and get the rest. At least it is all split up in lift able rounds now. Was a nice sunny day!
sawstree4.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:29 am

Now we gotta unload what we brought home today and then go back and get the rest. At least it is all split up in lift able rounds now. Was a nice sunny day!
sawstree4.gif
Hats off to you and mrJW; can't say anything bad about your work habits! Stay safe though and take it easy--don't want to hear the Kingdom doc had to make any Annex calls, capiche???

:-P :cool:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:47 am

sawstree4.gif
Hats off to you and mrJW; can't say anything bad about your work habits! Stay safe though and take it easy--don't want to hear the Kingdom doc had to make any Annex calls, capiche???

Thanks Kingy Boy! We got it all split in small sizes so we can lift to trailer. Still need to go back to and get the rest as we ran outta room in the truck bed and trailer.

Beautiful Snow Geese visiting the flooding across the road:

Train!!!

We'll be back :smrk:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:51 pm

sawstree4.gif

Thanks Kingy Boy! We got it all split in small sizes so we can lift to trailer. Still need to go back to and get the rest as we ran outta room in the truck bed and trailer.

Train!!!

what kind of 'space heater' re wood burning are you using? I imagine it's something built to heat air in pipes and shoots it into the room/house, yes? Or is your wood burner center of the room and it gives off heat from the cast iron structure? I've thought of turning out fireplace into the first option but never have done it. I know most fireplaces just send heat UP the chimney and don't actually do much room/house heating per se. Always figured if there was a major power outage during the winter, we'd have to heat with wood, and so I generally save any trees cut down around here. Nothing like what you're doing, for sure, but something. I have wood so old stacked and never used for years; I imagine it's probably not even 'good' wood anymore but it hasn't rotted yet! I splurged and got me a chipper last fall, for this spring, just to start creating my own wood chips for the garden (have a lot of branches stacked/piled over the years, so I have a ready supply already. We'll see how it works; not commercial and some of the reviews made me think twice, but all of the consumer versions had their detractors. And since this is my last year working, will be the last year I can write off such, ya know? Do you have a chipper, or just the splitter? I don't imagine you'd need one as you're just getting logs for heating purposes. Still, what do you two do with all the branches from this recent job? Just leave them?
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:46 pm
j.w wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:51 pm

Train!!!

what kind of 'space heater' re wood burning are you using? I imagine it's something built to heat air in pipes and shoots it into the room/house, yes? Or is your wood burner center of the room and it gives off heat from the cast iron structure? I've thought of turning out fireplace into the first option but never have done it. I know most fireplaces just send heat UP the chimney and don't actually do much room/house heating per se. Always figured if there was a major power outage during the winter, we'd have to heat with wood, and so I generally save any trees cut down around here. Nothing like what you're doing, for sure, but something. I have wood so old stacked and never used for years; I imagine it's probably not even 'good' wood anymore but it hasn't rotted yet! I splurged and got me a chipper last fall, for this spring, just to start creating my own wood chips for the garden (have a lot of branches stacked/piled over the years, so I have a ready supply already. We'll see how it works; not commercial and some of the reviews made me think twice, but all of the consumer versions had their detractors. And since this is my last year working, will be the last year I can write off such, ya know? Do you have a chipper, or just the splitter? I don't imagine you'd need one as you're just getting logs for heating purposes. Still, what do you two do with all the branches from this recent job? Just leave them?
No fancy pipe system and not in the middle of our family room. It sits in the corner and has a system inside w/pipes, bars or something and it is air tight. it's a Lopi Endeavor 22 yrs old.
Heats up the house nicely! It has an auto fan that sits on top that runs when the heat gets it hot enough. Also has an electric fan plug in that runs when you turn it on and when it's hot enough. We only use that one when extremely cold tho.
The stoves heats our 2 story house of 2,600 sq ft.

Yes we have a chipper also and it chips up all our limbs we cut off our trees on our property. The Doug Firs provide endless chips from sagging limbs every year. I do clean up the branches on the properties that we cut on. I pile them in piles so the owners can burn them. Never bring them home or dispose of them ourselves.
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Oh and found out those birds are not snow geese, they are Tundra Swans!
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Happy New Year to all! I hope 2023 is a healthy one for all of you also:)
As for your photos j.w....They were especially impactful for me because my Husband and I used to haul and split our firewood and your Hubby looks a lot like mine did...I miss those times terribly...I miss sharing every new experience together and talking over morning coffee, ect...Enjoy your time together...it is priceless...
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

rubyduby wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:17 pm Happy New Year to all! I hope 2023 is a healthy one for all of you also:)
As for your photos j.w....They were especially impactful for me because my Husband and I used to haul and split our firewood and your Hubby looks a lot like mine did...I miss those times terribly...I miss sharing every new experience together and talking over morning coffee, ect...Enjoy your time together...it is priceless...
Hope you had a good one too! Sorry your hubby is not w/us anymore. I don't know what I would do w/o mine. I would be lost. I guess this is something either him or I will have to face one day but I would rather go first or go together. Life somehow goes on and I would know we would see each other again in Heaven. He is out there right now getting another place set up for more wood. We still have to go back and pick up the rest of the rounds we cut up into smaller sizes. Not looking forward to the hard work but looking forward to getting it done :smrk:
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

j.w wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:37 pm
rubyduby wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:17 pm Happy New Year to all! I hope 2023 is a healthy one for all of you also:)
Hope you had a good one too! Sorry your hubby is not w/us anymore. I don't know what I would do w/o mine. I would be lost. I guess this is something either him or I will have to face one day but I would rather go first or go together. Life somehow goes on and I would know we would see each other again in Heaven. He is out there right now getting another place set up for more wood. We still have to go back and pick up the rest of the rounds we cut up into smaller sizes. Not looking forward to the hard work but looking forward to getting it done :smrk:
Yeah, it's a great feeling when it's done...Keeps the two of you young too, great exercise:) I miss running out in the snow to get armloads of wood and running back in (of course no jacket:) and stoking the fire...We are both so lucky that we found our soul mates...so many go through life without that gift...
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish