Thornless Climbing Roses

a place to talk and ask questions about your garden
Gemma
Reactions:

Thornless Climbing Roses

Post by Gemma »

Does any have one of these Thornless Climbing Roses?
I'm not 100% sure I want to venture into roses again, but these types are said to be: thornless, continually blooming, fragrant, more tolerant, disease resistant...so if all is true I'm thinking it'll be worth a try

I found two That I'm considering adding to my garden: Zephirine Drouhin (deep pink) and Lady Banks (yellow),I'm not sure how many more there are, these two if not the only ones are for sure the most common
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
j.w
Reactions:

Re: Thornless Climbing Roses

Post by j.w »

Gemma wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:00 pm Does any have one of these Thornless Climbing Roses?
I'm not 100% sure I want to venture into roses again, but these types are said to be: thornless, continually blooming, fragrant, more tolerant, disease resistant...so if all is true I'm thinking it'll be worth a try

I found two That I'm considering adding to my garden: Zephirine Drouhin (deep pink) and Lady Banks (yellow),I'm not sure how many more there are, these two if not the only ones are for sure the most common
I just read the Z one prefers warmer climates but another place says zones 5 to 10. Sure is pretty tho when I looked it up online. The yellow one on Amazon says zone 6 to 9. How neat they have a great smell they say too. All you can do is try one and see. Never had one myself and I stay away from roses that have prickers as got a disease once from one.
Had to take meds to fix the issue and got rid of all my roses :sad:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:00 pm Does any have one of these Thornless Climbing Roses?

Noppa; just thorny lil beasties here. Be interesting to see how they grow/bloom, though. The thorns only bother me when I prune and that isn't that often for me, so...

Good luck and wear some sturdy gloves (that should help!)

screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

j.w wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 pm

I just read the Z one prefers warmer climates but another place says zones 5 to 10. Sure is pretty tho when I looked it up online. The yellow one on Amazon says zone 6 to 9. How neat they have a great smell they say too. All you can do is try one and see. Never had one myself and I stay away from roses that have prickers as got a disease once from one.
Had to take meds to fix the issue and got rid of all my roses :sad:
Zephrine has no thorns, if you like it you could grow itImage
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:47 pm

Noppa; just thorny lil beasties here. Be interesting to see how they grow/bloom, though. The thorns only bother me when I prune and that isn't that often for me, so...

Thank you! I only want to try the thornless kinds so no gloves necessary :cheesyGrin:
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:25 pm

Thank you! I only want to try the thornless kinds so no gloves necessary :cheesyGrin:
isn't that why you married mrGemma????? Sheesh!

:o
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:49 pm

lol I married him cause he just can't say "no" to me!Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:12 pm

ah, well, okay then! Better not have him stompin' round this part of the Annex then; some of MY proclivities MIGHT just rub off on him and well, I don't need no more women harassin' me about my 'bad habits' (lookin' at YOU yer royal Mergisticky! @j.w ); mrsbroken is enough!! heh heh

:hysterical: :roll: :cool: :beaming:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:59 pm

ah, well, okay then! Better not have him stompin' round this part of the Annex then; some of MY proclivities MIGHT just rub off on him and well, I don't need no more women harassin' me about my 'bad habits' (lookin' at YOU yer royal Mergisticky! @j.w ); mrsbroken is enough!! heh heh

You got it all wrong you need more strong,wild women to harass the heck out of you! I notice it takes a lot to get you to do much of anything around the royal grounds. When you gonna give the old gator his waxing? He's getting covered w/moss and one of these days someone is gonna mistake him for a log and try to use him for firewood. Will be too late when they find out that log has teeth!
CrocodileDive.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:11 am

You got it all wrong you need more strong,wild women to harass the heck out of you! I notice it takes a lot to get you to do much of anything around the royal grounds. When you gonna give the old gator his waxing? He's getting covered w/moss and one of these days someone is gonna mistake him for a log and try to use him for firewood. Will be too late when they find out that log has teeth!

CrocodileDive.gif
Wasxin'???? I don't do no bikini wain' on no crocodillies nor alligitorsises. Find some other minion to make that attempt!! Twasn't MY idea to get yer lil pets for the moat; them ridin' koi do jus' fine keepin' the grounds safe, and you know it!! The way I figure, you got drunk on chocolate, watched some late night infomercial, and your lil fingers did the walkin' when it got to 'You too can own yer own lil alligator!!' sales pitch. Sad, really, just sad...

:shocked: :o :shock: :sillybearshock: :lol: :roll: :cool:
stXmas.gif
stXmas.gif (25.79 KiB) Viewed 376 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:16 am
j.w wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:11 am

CrocodileDive.gif
Wasxin'???? I don't do no bikini wain' on no crocodillies nor alligitorsises. Find some other minion to make that attempt!! Twasn't MY idea to get yer lil pets for the moat; them ridin' koi do jus' fine keepin' the grounds safe, and you know it!! The way I figure, you got drunk on chocolate, watched some late night infomercial, and your lil fingers did the walkin' when it got to 'You too can own yer own lil alligator!!' sales pitch. Sad, really, just sad...

:shocked: :o :shock: :sillybearshock: :lol: :roll: :cool:

stXmas.gif
I WANT A MONKEY...................ONLY $29.95 AND YOU GET AN EXTRA ONE THROWN IN FOR FREE!
monkeyjumping2.gif