"Best" place to get schedule 40 PVC fittings?

Duxwig
Reactions:

"Best" place to get schedule 40 PVC fittings?

Post by Duxwig »

Any source better to get the pieces online? The non-DWV type.
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: "Best" place to get schedule 40 PVC fittings?

Post by brokensword »

Duxwig wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:30 am Any source better to get the pieces online? The non-DWV type.
I've used Zoro.com, Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's and Amazon (for the flex pvc). With inflation, might cost you a bit more now then when I was expanding in 2019. Hopefully not too much extra. But hey, you saved some $$ on the pump. Btw, got any prices yet for the liner?
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
Duxwig
Reactions:

Post by Duxwig »

Life has been busy but ordered the liner, hot air gun, and nozzles.
I’ll have to poke Zoro more. Looks like the fittings are at glance listed as sched 40 but have to look at additional info page as some aren’t pressure rated / just dwv. (Wye specifically).

Found pvcfittingsonline which was easy to use to find parts and prices seemed “fine” for sched 40 fittings. But if I can find most all Zoro I may get it large enough to save on shipping and just do the wye separate if that is all which doesn’t hit the mark.

Looked at plastic boxes at Menards and tried to search online but 8-10w x 8-10l x 12-16d type boxes haven’t been a ready size. Maybe back to the spillway box just as I know they have a smaller foot print from the start.
Duxwig
Reactions:

Post by Duxwig »

Ended up getting RPE from BTL liners at 30x35. I had traced all the ledges and shelves sizes and came out w the close dimensions. I bumped those up a few times and think I should have like 5-7 feet extra at least on each side to utilize in doing folds if needed. Should have lots of practice heat welding on also.

Thought if I had patience I could get it to fold where needed. I asked them about getting underlayment but guy suggested not buying more just using old and pieces of the old super thick liner under the RPE. Helpful crew.
darkmuse
Reactions:

Post by darkmuse »

Duxwig wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:51 pm Ended up getting RPE from BTL liners at 30x35. I had traced all the ledges and shelves sizes and came out w the close dimensions. I bumped those up a few times and think I should have like 5-7 feet extra at least on each side to utilize in doing folds if needed. Should have lots of practice heat welding on also.

Thought if I had patience I could get it to fold where needed. I asked them about getting underlayment but guy suggested not buying more just using old and pieces of the old super thick liner under the RPE. Helpful crew.
RPE as in HDRPE? I think that's what I have too as I was told I didn't need any underlayment. It wasn't too bad trying to fold it if I remember right. It's hard to say as I never used the other stuff for comparison. It will be interesting to see pics of your seam welding when it happens. How was the prices? I'd need another larger one if I decide to go bigger some time. And from what I've read, that's probably going to happen. Are you making your pond larger?
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@Duxwig hope to see photo's of what you are doing w/your pond.
Sounds like all is going well for ya so far!