Acronyms Commonly Used

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Acronyms Commonly Used

Post by brokensword »

I'm starting a list of commonly used acronyms in the ponding discussions! Feel free to add as a reply below and I'll put them in this master list!

1.LPS = Larger Pond Syndrome; a disease all ponders will get, wishing they'd made their pond larger initially or in reflection.
2.NPS = New Pond Syndrome; typically associated with ponds that have green water issues upon initial completion.
3.DKP = Dedicated Koi Pond; usually describes a ponder keeping only koi and all the associated features of that mindset
4.BFC = Bog Filter Club; those ponders worshipping at the altar of bog filter technology
5.LAP = Lazy A** Ponding; used to describe ponders that don't want to do anything except sit back and watch the fish!
6.MFS= More Fishies Syndrome; a disease too many ponders get after they have a pond and don't understand the meaning of 'no'.
7.FPP = Filter Pad People; ponders who use pads in their filters that need regular cleaning
8.LFS = Local Fish Store
9.GPS = Green Pond Syndrome
10.UVu = UV users
11.DBT = diamond back terrapin
12.LBTP = libations by the pond
13.DNP = do nothing ponding
14.DOC = dissolved organic compounds
15.OTG = Off Topic Gang
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Re: Acronyms Commonly Used

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:29 pm I'm starting a list of commonly used acronyms in the ponding discussions! Feel free to add as a reply below and I'll put them in this master list!

1.LPS = Larger Pond Syndrome; a disease all ponders will get, wishing they'd made their pond larger initially or in reflection.
2.NPS = New Pond Syndrome; typically associated with ponds that have green water issues upon initial completion.
3.DKP = Dedicated Koi Pond; usually describes a ponder keeping only koi and all the associated features of that mindset
4.BFC = Bog Filter Club; those ponders worshipping at the altar of bog filter technology
5.LAP = Lazy A** Ponding; used to describe ponders that don't want to do anything except sit back and watch the fish!
6.MFS= More Fishies Syndrome; a disease too many ponders get after they have a pond and don't understand the meaning of 'no'.
7.FPP = Filter Pad People; ponders who use pads in their filters that need regular cleaning
8.LFS = Local Fish Store
9.GPS = Green Pond Syndrome
10.UVu = UV users
11.DBT = diamond back terrapin
12.LBTP = libations by the pond
13.DNP = do nothing ponding
14.DOC = dissolved organic compounds
15.OTG = Off Topic Gang
Oh boy! We are getting ready to rumble :idea:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:52 pm

Oh boy! We are getting ready to rumble :idea:
dayum right!!! Already infusing FB peeps with all the vernacular...it's been fun so far! Now, to see who wants to ride on in and set a spell!
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@brokensword
bus peeps 2.gif