Watcha doing today?

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: Watcha doing today?

Post by brokensword »

Aidokime wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:05 pm Getting ready to clean the snow off of my car.
If I make it down the icy steps.
Indeed! Though we've had more rain than snow this winter! Where abouts are you located? And, WELCOME! If you get a chance, head over to the Welcome forum and tell us a bit about yourself, pond, etc! @j.w will be around with some fancy-schmancey gif just to show you our appreciation for joining! That, and some mumbling about the 'help' around here! Ha, just kidding; we like helping others mess with their ponds, especially if it involves lots of supervisory suggestions while we sit back, drink in hand, and watch OTHERS do all the work! ha!

Welcome and well-met, Aidokime! Hail!

:beaming: :beaming: :beaming: :beaming: :beaming: :beaming: :cool:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

in the middle of installing my own DIY range hood exhaust. Had mini accident while building the duct unit that will go in the attic over the stove area (drill bit broke, slipped, bit into a finger -ouchy!- and getting better) otherwise would have finished it last week. Today, have to see exactly how much space/room I have to run the duct out to the soffit; whether I can stick with 10" duct or have to divide into two lines of 6" each. Hate working in the attic with all that glass wool insulation, esp when the temp is hovering at 40F and the area I need to access is narrowing to a point! But, it'll get done.
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:45 pm in the middle of installing my own DIY range hood exhaust. Had mini accident while building the duct unit that will go in the attic over the stove area (drill bit broke, slipped, bit into a finger -ouchy!- and getting better) otherwise would have finished it last week. Today, have to see exactly how much space/room I have to run the duct out to the soffit; whether I can stick with 10" duct or have to divide into two lines of 6" each. Hate working in the attic with all that glass wool insulation, esp when the temp is hovering at 40F and the area I need to access is narrowing to a point! But, it'll get done.
Ouch be careful Kingy Boy, we need you to keep up w/chores around the castle ya know? Get better and then get back to work :queen:
Aidokime
Reactions:

Post by Aidokime »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:40 pm
Aidokime wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:05 pm Getting ready to clean the snow off of my car.
Indeed! Though we've had more rain than snow this winter! Where abouts are you located? And, WELCOME! If you get a chance, head over to the Welcome forum and tell us a bit about yourself, pond, etc! @j.w will be around with some fancy-schmancey gif just to show you our appreciation for joining! That, and some mumbling about the 'help' around here! Ha, just kidding; we like helping others mess with their ponds, especially if it involves lots of supervisory suggestions while we sit back, drink in hand, and watch OTHERS do all the work! ha!

Mostly rain and fast melting snow up in Maine.
A coating of white and ice yesterday is melting off a lot today. I'm sure we'll get hit harder through the rest of the winter into spring.
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Aidokime wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:58 pm
brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:40 pm

Mostly rain and fast melting snow up in Maine.
A coating of white and ice yesterday is melting off a lot today. I'm sure we'll get hit harder through the rest of the winter into spring.
No snow here unfortunately, just rain for now but temps are not too low. At 45f is ok. Just wish for more sunshine or snow :D
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Image It's a beautiful sunny day here today, hopefully you're all having nice weather

I haven't been doing much of anything other than watching this puppy, can't wait till the weather warms up and he can stay outside most of the day...better yet I can't wait till he grows up and calms down :cheesyGrin:

Hope you all have a pleasant dayImage
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Gemma wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:26 pm Image It's a beautiful sunny day here today, hopefully you're all having nice weather

I haven't been doing much of anything other than watching this puppy, can't wait till the weather warms up and he can stay outside most of the day...better yet I can't wait till he grows up and calms down :cheesyGrin:

Good to see you here. Nice you have some sunshine. I woke up to it snowing lightly. Only got a dusting and now it seems to be done. Oh well winter is not over yet so there is hope.

Sounds like your pup is giving you a run for your money!

Just got through reading kingy boys book! Was a fun read and I really enjoyed it.
Mystery, love, sadness and happiness all rolled into oneImage
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:26 pm better yet I can't wait till he grows up and calms down :cheesyGrin:

hmm, don't you have a husband? You should be used to this already....sheesh!

:shock: :sillybearshock: :lol: :cool: :!: :roll:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:45 pm
Gemma wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:26 pm Image It's a beautiful sunny day here today, hopefully you're all having nice weather

Good to see you here. Nice you have some sunshine. I woke up to it snowing lightly. Only got a dusting and now it seems to be done. Oh well winter is not over yet so there is hope.

Just got through reading kingy boys book! Was a fun read and I really enjoyed it.
I shoulda known you'd have a snow owl anigif...heh!

We have 19 and cccccccccold! Gonna have a couple days of this, this week, but next week looks more normal and above freezing!

Glad you liked, lil Queenie!

Don't worry re your mopper-jr chef; she gots ta pull her weight around here, too, and if it means training the Annex's new killer guard dog, well....
giphy-2761233066.gif
giphy-2761233066.gif (467.56 KiB) Viewed 555 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:45 pm

I shoulda known you'd have a snow owl anigif...heh!

We have 19 and cccccccccold! Gonna have a couple days of this, this week, but next week looks more normal and above freezing!

Glad you liked, lil Queenie!

Don't worry re your mopper-jr chef; she gots ta pull her weight around here, too, and if it means training the Annex's new killer guard dog, well....

giphy-2761233066.gif
Uh oh what did you do w/@Gemma 's pup? Don't know where you got that one but he's a cutie and we could use him at the gates to keep the rif raf out! He will need to learn you are not rif raf tho.............or maybe not :sillybearshock:
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Yeah turns out that getting the puppy wasn't such a good idea. I want to love him but I no longer have the patience to deal with such energetic destructive behavior that a puppy (and most children) display...I'm counting the days, hoping soon he gets the rules straight ..in the meantime we trained him on the invisible fence and at least now I can send him outside on his own when I need to catch a break...oh yeah did I mention he loves to dig in all my flowerbeds?Image

Unfortunately as you probably know by now I'm not much of a reader, I don't even read long posts let alone books Image, but I believe that he is talented and should actually write for profit
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:41 pm
Gemma wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:26 pm better yet I can't wait till he grows up and calms down :cheesyGrin:

hmm, don't you have a husband? You should be used to this already....sheesh!

:shock: :sillybearshock: :lol: :cool: :!: :roll:
My husband could very possibly be the reason why my standards have gone so high and my patience so low...he is (in my mind) prefect, and in turn I got spoiled :cheesyGrin:
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond