Vallisneria Gigantea

rubyduby
Reactions:

Vallisneria Gigantea

Post by rubyduby »

I bought some Vallisneria Gigantea from PlayItKoi.com and my fish LOVE it...All of my adult fish hide in it when they don't feel like socializing....I have many different grasses (sagittaria subulata, vallisneria americana, ect..) but they always congregate in the vallisneria gigantea...Just thought I would pass it on :smileyhappy:
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
j.w
Reactions:

Re: Vallisneria Gigantea

Post by j.w »

rubyduby wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:59 pm I bought some Vallisneria Gigantea from PlayItKoi.com and my fish LOVE it...All of my adult fish hide in it when they don't feel like socializing....I have many different grasses (sagittaria subulata, vallisneria americana, ect..) but they always congregate in the vallisneria gigantea...Just thought I would pass it on :smileyhappy:
Too cold for any of those plants here unfortunately. I used to have them in my aquarium and all nice plants :beaming:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:21 pm
rubyduby wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:59 pm I bought some Vallisneria Gigantea from PlayItKoi.com and my fish LOVE it...All of my adult fish hide in it when they don't feel like socializing....I have many different grasses (sagittaria subulata, vallisneria americana, ect..) but they always congregate in the vallisneria gigantea...Just thought I would pass it on :smileyhappy:
Too cold for any of those plants here unfortunately. I used to have them in my aquarium and all nice plants :beaming:
yep; same here; not a ton of UW choices for me but not a huge issue. Be nice to have some variety 'down there' but I'd still have to watch and limit the growth as I know UW plants take IN O2 at night.
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

brokensword wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:07 am
yep; same here; not a ton of UW choices for me but not a huge issue. Be nice to have some variety 'down there' but I'd still have to watch and limit the growth as I know UW plants take IN O2 at night.
I did not realize this…I will definitely keep my eye on growth!
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Well that’s how little I still know j.w…I thought since the uw grasses were down low they would be okay in all ponds….
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@rubyduby Only ones I can grow are Anacharis and Hornwort but Hornwort doesn't like me anymore for some reason :sad:
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

j.w wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm @rubyduby Only ones I can grow are Anacharis and Hornwort but Hornwort doesn't like me anymore for some reason :sad:
funny you should say that...Hornwort doesn't like me either ...turns pale and I pull it and chuck it..No more left..It was hiding a lot of fry and I don't need any more babies anyway! Want to hear something really weird? My side is bothering me (the side that I have a kidney stone on) We definitely are kindred spirits!
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

rubyduby wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:43 pm
j.w wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm @rubyduby Only ones I can grow are Anacharis and Hornwort but Hornwort doesn't like me anymore for some reason :sad:
funny you should say that...Hornwort doesn't like me either ...turns pale and I pull it and chuck it..No more left..It was hiding a lot of fry and I don't need any more babies anyway! Want to hear something really weird? My side is bothering me (the side that I have a kidney stone on) We definitely are kindred spirits!
Wow we definitely have something going on between us don't we? Hornwort and Kidney Stones! 8-)
Hope you don't have to have surgery to get that big thing outta you.
The first time I had one I was doubled over w/pain for many hours before my hubby took me to the emergency room. I didn't know what it was then. They took xrays and found out what it was and gave me meds and strong pain pills and I was in la la land for the rest of the day and think I passed it the next day. Man that time was horrid. Since then they have been painful but not as bad. Then went for years w/o one and now whamo back again. Ugh!
Right now no pain. Hope yours goes away or breaks up and gets outta you!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

oh, WE all know the reason, lil Queenie!! Somethin' 'bout being hit with a scepter a few times that clues ya in,m ya know??? heh heh

:-P :cool: :roll:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

rubyduby wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:02 pm
brokensword wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:07 am

I did not realize this…I will definitely keep my eye on growth!
yeppa; I tend to advise keeping the UW plant herd to 1/3 the pond bottom.
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

rubyduby wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:43 pm
Look you two; there's a CAstle edict in effect; NO KIDNEY STONE talk, capiche? (says the one who has had 3 episodes and from them, birthed 4 cute lil stones that had me whimpering and curled in the fetal position!!)

So, ye all been warned!!

;) :grin: :o :-P :cool: :roll: :shock:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

I'm at peace now w/the stone! If it comes for me again I will drag out that big old sceptor @brokensword keeps yapping about.
Might just turn him into a turtle while I'm at it if he's not careful and he can add himself to his pond collection 8-)