Welcome

j.w
Reactions:

Re: Welcome

Post by j.w »

Aidokime wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:56 pm Thanks for the welcome.
No pond though, not even a swampy area anymore.
Just a little fish in a big one, and former lurker over at Bullfrog's pad.
Sorry it took me so long to get here. The email account was one I don't use very often.
Oh wow you were at Bullfrogs pad! I was too! That was a fun place to visit and I miss all the fun we had there talking about just about anything out there 8-)
Bullfrog joined here too but I have never seen any posts from him yet. I see him on Facebook tho. Maybe you got an invite from me way back when this forum just started. I sent invites to all that I could. Lots didn't have the same email anymore tho. Happy to see you here :beaming:
Aidokime
Reactions:

Post by Aidokime »

I was there after the Amazon writing contest. Was going by Aiden at the time. :) But I tend to not go by my real name online anyway.:)
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@Aidokime what was your user name when you were on Bullfrogs Pad if you remember?
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@Aidokime Were you Denny? You were into writing right? You have something in common here w/@brokensword as he is a writer also and I'm reading one of his books he has posted online here right now.
You had to stop eating meat and think you might be a veggie guy now too and so is @brokensword .You posted a soup recipe on that old site. Wow that was way back in like 2010! I think you will like it here :cool:
Aidokime
Reactions:

Post by Aidokime »

I was Denny. I was veggie for a few years. Was it the pea soup recipe? I can't even remember anymore. :)
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Aidokime wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 am I was Denny. I was veggie for a few years. Was it the pea soup recipe? I can't even remember anymore. :)
So you don't do just veggie anymore? How did you correct the issue w/eating meat?

Yep it was this one:
Ingredients.
a small bag of dried split peas (about two cups)
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 whole onion, diced
2 carrots shredded
2 potatoes diced
8 cups of water
3 vegetable cubes
A tea spoon cumin
a tea spoon sage
a tea spoon thyme
a couple of bay leaves
Instructions:
Just put everything in a large pot and let it shimmer for about two hours, stirring every so often until its the consistency is how you like it.
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:29 am
Aidokime wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 am I was Denny. I was veggie for a few years. Was it the pea soup recipe? I can't even remember anymore. :)
So you don't do just veggie anymore? How did you correct the issue w/eating meat?

Yep it was this one:
Ingredients.
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 whole onion, diced
2 carrots shredded
2 potatoes diced
8 cups of water
3 vegetable cubes
A tea spoon cumin
a tea spoon sage
a tea spoon thyme
a couple of bay leaves
Instructions:
Just put everything in a large pot and let it shimmer for about two hours, stirring every so often until its the consistency is how you like it.
Dayum! No Zoup fer you! Where's the recipe for pineapple on PIZZA?????? Sheesh, you know, something IMPORTANT!! Jeez, ain't this job supposed to be @Gemma 's????? You farmin' it out now, lil Queenie?? Oh, @j.w , is THIS her replacement in the kitchen??? Sure as heck ain't gonna let anyone near the ridin' koi, not without proper koi training...which would mean a...a...POND! You gots ta stop posting at LinkedIn so much...sigh...

:o :o :o :cool: :beaming:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:46 am

Yep it was this one:
Ingredients.
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 whole onion, diced
2 carrots shredded
2 potatoes diced
8 cups of water
3 vegetable cubes
A tea spoon cumin
a tea spoon sage
a tea spoon thyme
a couple of bay leaves
Instructions:
Dayum! No Zoup fer you! Where's the recipe for pineapple on PIZZA?????? Sheesh, you know, something IMPORTANT!! Jeez, ain't this job supposed to be @Gemma 's????? You farmin' it out now, lil Queenie?? Oh, @j.w , is THIS her replacement in the kitchen??? Sure as heck ain't gonna let anyone near the ridin' koi, not without proper koi training...which would mean a...a...POND! You gots ta stop posting at LinkedIn so much...sigh...

:o :o :o :cool: :beaming:
I may be a carnivore but I love a good soup and I add some meat of some kind to mine tho. @Gemma is slacking on her jobs and I don't see you pickin up the pace so anyone else who wants to cook or share recipes is fine by me! I have nothing to do w/whatever Linkedin is? I have no social sites other that here, GPF, and Facebook. Too much time consumed on all those other sites by lots of peeps! Need to get in my walks and pond enjoyment ya know. We gotta get a pond in for @Aidokime going if he really wants one. If not maybe he can share some good stories etc. w/us. We are open to anything here right? I love his political views also! :cool:
Aidokime
Reactions:

Post by Aidokime »

Yep it was this one:
Ingredients.
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 whole onion, diced
2 carrots shredded
2 potatoes diced
8 cups of water
3 vegetable cubes
A tea spoon cumin
a tea spoon sage
a tea spoon thyme
a couple of bay leaves
Instructions:

I try not to eat pork. It seems to be the main culprit. Rarely have red meat. Still eat mostly veg though.
Aidokime
Reactions:

Post by Aidokime »

j.w wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:35 pm
I may be a carnivore but I love a good soup and I add some meat of some kind to mine tho. @Gemma is slacking on her jobs and I don't see you pickin up the pace so anyone else who wants to cook or share recipes is fine by me! I have nothing to do w/whatever Linkedin is? I have no social sites other that here, GPF, and Facebook. Too much time consumed on all those other sites by lots of peeps! Need to get in my walks and pond enjoyment ya know. We gotta get a pond in for @Aidokime going if he really wants one. If not maybe he can share some good stories etc. w/us. We are open to anything here right? I love his political views also! :cool:
I can't even remember what I posted there, LOL. I've got FB, Linkedin, ect, ect. Linkedin was extra credit when I went back to school to attempt to get an engineering degree. (Failed calc c too many times, and ran out of $$, so no degree for me). I've got my Discord open all the time though-- keeps me in touch with old friends.
I think my landlord might object to me putting a pond in right now, and my writing at the moment is mostly fanfiction. (Current project(s) is novel #2 for Stargate: Atlantis)

And... uh... I do have to correct something. I was trying to use the Denny Kim ID as a pen name, since I was looking to try and publish something and wasn't sure if my gender would be a problem. So. I'm actually not a dude. :inverted: Not overly sensitive about pronouns being mixed up and such. I'm not a pretty gal, so I've gotten someone trying to kick me out of the ladies before. Sorry about that. I was a bit of a goof 10 years ago.
:inverted: :inverted:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Aidokime wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:12 pm
j.w wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:35 pm
I can't even remember what I posted there, LOL. I've got FB, Linkedin, ect, ect. Linkedin was extra credit when I went back to school to attempt to get an engineering degree. (Failed calc c too many times, and ran out of $$, so no degree for me). I've got my Discord open all the time though-- keeps me in touch with old friends.
I think my landlord might object to me putting a pond in right now, and my writing at the moment is mostly fanfiction. (Current project(s) is novel #2 for Stargate: Atlantis)

And... uh... I do have to correct something. I was trying to use the Denny Kim ID as a pen name, since I was looking to try and publish something and wasn't sure if my gender would be a problem. So. I'm actually not a dude. :inverted: Not overly sensitive about pronouns being mixed up and such. I'm not a pretty gal, so I've gotten someone trying to kick me out of the ladies before. Sorry about that. I was a bit of a goof 10 years ago.
:inverted: :inverted:
Wow all this time I did think you were a dude, due to the Denny name,lol! I still have access to that old bullfrog forum so I can cheat and go back and look at stuff. That forum just sits there w/no action and I took all my posts off of there thinking someone could come by and steal something or spam me as ya never know nowadays. What no goof now,lol? We love goofs here and we @brokensword goof around a bit on the king and queen stuff if ya haven't noticed. @brokensword has me reading one of his books right now as he has it posted on this forum. Go to board index and click Swordofshakespeare link and type open and no user name and you can read it (The White Owl) if you like. He has chapters posted. I'm not into science fiction stuff but do enjoy a good mystery and odd far out reads, weird stuff and this is just what this one is! I know @brokensword likes the Science Fiction stuff among other far out stuff!
Glad you came back to post more :queen:

No issues not having a pond, all are welcome here!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Yep, @Aidokime ; like j.w says, no problem goofing around; it's part of socialization! That's half the reason I started this forum so we could go off-topic and still help others! You can adopt one of our ponds as yours and converse, ifn ya doesn't want to get one yourself. Not a requirement, as j.w says. BUT! You might catch pond-syndrome and start dreaming about one of your own! I started late and have been kicking myself for not having one earlier in life! But, it's how we learn, sometimes!

And if interested, by all means take a peek at my latest novel, The White Owl, in the forum 'All things SwordofShakespeare', password = 'open'. Any and all critique is welcome; I have thick skin!

Oh, one last thing; ifn lil queenie, aka @j.w starts eyeing you for various job chores around her 'Annex/CAstle' we call home here, you just start looking like dribble and blood is pouring from orifices you don't mention--that should make her think twice about assigning ANYThING to you! heh heh

;) :shock: :smrk: :cheesyGrin:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html