Welcome

j.w
Reactions:

Re: Welcome

Post by j.w »

Aidokime wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:14 am
brokensword wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:29 pm
j.w wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:47 pm

Ah ok he's a nice piece of work to enjoy and watch in the show. Sorry it all didn't turn out so good for him. Maybe the future will be brighter ahead w/all his fans backing him up.

Hope you grab some good vibes to ingest into your soul so you can keep spitting out some good words for your stories. And you are sick now too? Hope you feel better soon --MyOwn World-GetWell .GIF
you DO know, right, that when you keep postin' all these selfies, I have to scrub the castle walls more often cuz of the graffiti, yes? Sheesh, more and more work around this joint...

IMO, it'll be a while before they produce any 'good' on a consistent basis, entertainment anymore. The woke crowd is still in charge in Hollyweird, and until they're replaced with good story tellers instead of their activism, it'll be more of the same no matter what the fans say/backup. Tooooo many franchises have been destroyed all because these people know if they do some thing original and put their message in, it'll flop even worse than it does. They suck the fandom of a tried and true IP in then destroy the characters, ignore/warp the cannon, and are actively trying to groom you into their way the world should be/look. Let's do a current head count of destroyed franchises; Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, James Bond, Terminator series of movies, the latest incarnation of ALL the Marvel characters/movies, Lord of the Rings (blasphemy with this one!), the Witcher (a book/game series they managed to annihilate) and now recently, Scooby Doo. I'm sure there's more and many of the 'new/modern' stuff that started in 2016 or so had great first seasons only to nosedive in the susequent year(s) as woke writing took over.

Okay, mini-rant over but it's been a long 6 years since this started. Good thing I can still enjoy the old stuff, until they start 'changing' that so it 'looks like it's supposed to'!! Ha, this can't end soon enough for my taste!

:cool: :roll:
From what I gathered in a short conversation with an actor at the last con: In order to write for TV/get a pilot approved, you have to work in the studios and crap, and years of working under the people who're writing right now, and I just... it was supposed to be encouraging, when we were talking, but right now, I doubt my stuff would ever see the light of day. And yeah, there's a lot of wokeness out there. The show I'm doing my writing for had some really good writing for the first 4 seasons, then kind of ... petered out through the last season. The series finale was kind of eeehhhh (I liked it, but I didn't love it, and had a few moments of 'Whyyyyyyyy????' and concepts introduced last minute that would have been good if they'd continued the show but in a single episode were oh hay McGuffin anyone?) The single episode that I was focusing on had plot holes you could drive a city through, so I went and made my own canon for that reality. And then took care of the character who they were really vague about whether he died at the end or not.
I need to watch the other two series in the franchise tho.
Anyway. Hotel California will be a book someday, if I can get through this second book (and maybe a third? IDK) in the fanficish universe.
Anyway. Yeah, still sickish. Working 12 hour shifts, out of meds, and trying to get a refill on an expired scrip. I've written a little, planned a little, and hopefully readers will forgive me when I get back into posting, because it's probably going to be a few more days until I can post. Have to do some establishing, before I loose the shadow monster onto the base, and figure out how they're going to deal with it.
And it's bedtime!
Yikes you are really deep into all this stuff you got going on in your world. A lot of physical and mental to drive you crazy! I hope you can get your health back into a good zone as that would prolly make it all much easier to deal with. Are these shows, any of them on tv or apps now or have they been? Sounds like they have. Would be interested in knowing the names of them. Maybe I watched it? I watch a lot of stuff on Netflix and some on Amazon Prime. Some youtube stuff too. Oh and that HBO Max we have for free right now for some reason.
Get to feeling better and get some rest!
Chillin.gif