Gemma's Raised Beds and Mini Orchard Project

a place to talk and ask questions about your garden
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: Gemma's Raised Beds and Mini Orchard Project

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:46 pm Melons grew large enough to need netting support, first Eggplant round is ready to be harvested, tomato plants are loaded but still need time to ripen fruits...

sooooo cool! Those melons gonna mature like that without dragging down your fence/trellis??? I've tried doing melons but the varmints around here had other ideas...
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Gemma wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:46 pm Melons grew large enough to need netting support, first Eggplant round is ready to be harvested, tomato plants are loaded but still need time to ripen fruits...

Wow! I am blown away by your incredible green thumb Genna!
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:32 pm

sooooo cool! Those melons gonna mature like that without dragging down your fence/trellis??? I've tried doing melons but the varmints around here had other ideas...
The weight of the melon should be supported by the tie at the top of the netting bag, or at least that's what the manufactures of those bags claims...I'm new to growing melons vertically so we'll see
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:52 pm

The weight of the melon should be supported by the tie at the top of the netting bag, or at least that's what the manufactures of those bags claims...I'm new to growing melons vertically so we'll see
I can see it now; it's late at night and all at the Gemma house are sleeping when suddenly, there's a loud crash. MrGemma perks up, looks over, says; did you hear that? Gemma says go back to sleep, it's just raccoons trying to get in the hen house again. MrGemma though isn't so sure and gets up, peeks out between the blinds, rubbing his eyes. There's silence for a moment, then he slides back in bed. More silence. Finally, Gemma can't take it anymore and says 'well?' MrGemma is thoughtful for a moment, then in a quiet, eerily foreshadowed voice says; you remember that response post from brokendude on your pond forum, you know, the one about the melons? Well, he may not be the slacker we think he is...'

And of course, despite the carnage created at the Gemma household, some lil masked fool with a sword starts doing his twirly dance all over again...

What? You think this is all made up? I bet when you check your trailcams, you'll be convinced too!!!

:roll: :cool: :!:
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 pm

I can see it now; it's late at night and all at the Gemma house are sleeping when suddenly, there's a loud crash. MrGemma perks up, looks over, says; did you hear that? Gemma says go back to sleep, it's just raccoons trying to get in the hen house again. MrGemma though isn't so sure and gets up, peeks out between the blinds, rubbing his eyes. There's silence for a moment, then he slides back in bed. More silence. Finally, Gemma can't take it anymore and says 'well?' MrGemma is thoughtful for a moment, then in a quiet, eerily foreshadowed voice says; you remember that response post from brokendude on your pond forum, you know, the one about the melons? Well, he may not be the slacker we think he is...'

And of course, despite the carnage created at the Gemma household, some lil masked fool with a sword starts doing his twirly dance all over again...

What? You think this is all made up? I bet when you check your trailcams, you'll be convinced too!!!

How do you come up with this stuff? Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:20 am

lots of quaaludes?

:cool:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:20 am

heh, actually, I've been know to 'write' stuff, dontcha know! Final editing novel #7 currently...
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

rubyduby wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:49 pm

Wow! I am blown away by your incredible green thumb Genna!
Thank you! Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:39 am
heh, actually, I've been know to 'write' stuff, dontcha know! Final editing novel #7 currently...
For real? ..if not, you really should!
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:38 pm
ah, yeah, fer real! That was the part Ian at GPF wasn't so fond of--my bantering otg stuff! Got started a number of years ago with poetry, then moved into fiction. Guess I'm just full of words, hey? At least, that's what they tell me...when they let me out of the rubber room and unbuckle the dayum white overcoat they say I look soooooo good in. I'm quoting the royalty here (she knows who she is!!), btw...

;)
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:05 pm
ah, yeah, fer real! That was the part Ian at GPF wasn't so fond of--my bantering otg stuff! Got started a number of years ago with poetry, then moved into fiction. Guess I'm just full of words, hey? At least, that's what they tell me...when they let me out of the rubber room and unbuckle the dayum white overcoat they say I look soooooo good in. I'm quoting the royalty here (she knows who she is!!), btw...

;)
Yep it's true he has so much backed up inside we have to pound holes now and then in his thick head to let out the excess!
crazy336.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:11 pm
brokensword wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:05 pm

;)
Yep it's true he has so much backed up inside we have to pound holes now and then in his thick head to let out the excess!

crazy336.gif
that's IT! I ain't getting on my hands and knees any mo lookin' for none of yer hair plugs no more, nope, I just ain't! That duty just got un-dutied! THIS slacker, apparently, has WHOLES in 'is 'ead, don'tcha know! Gives me license then to slack even more, I figure...holes now and then...really! Sheesh!

:razz: