Happy New Year!

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
j.w
Reactions:

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by j.w »

rubyduby wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:21 pm
j.w wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:37 pm
rubyduby wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:17 pm Happy New Year to all! I hope 2023 is a healthy one for all of you also:)
As for your photos j.w....They were especially impactful for me because my Husband and I used to haul and split our firewood and your Hubby looks a lot like mine did...I miss those times terribly...I miss sharing every new experience together and talking over morning coffee, ect...Enjoy your time together...it is priceless...
Hope you had a good one too! Sorry your hubby is not w/us anymore. I don't know what I would do w/o mine. I would be lost. I guess this is something either him or I will have to face one day but I would rather go first or go together. Life somehow goes on and I would know we would see each other again in Heaven. He is out there right now getting another place set up for more wood. We still have to go back and pick up the rest of the rounds we cut up into smaller sizes. Not looking forward to the hard work but looking forward to getting it done :smrk:
Yeah, it's a great feeling when it's done...Keeps the two of you young too, great exercise:) I miss running out in the snow to get armloads of wood and running back in (of course no jacket:) and stoking the fire...We are both so lucky that we found our soul mates...so many go through life without that gift...
Yep it is almost done, at least this place. We have other trees on other properties waiting for us. The rain is stopping us right now from going back to the sheep farm to get the cut up rounds. Not sure how long this rain will last but it looks like days out so far. We would do it in the rain but the place we have to drive into has a bit of a hill in the grass and if too wet we will get stuck and tear up his field. So we wait!

Hubby and I have been together since 1967. Our anniversary is coming up in Feb. and it will be 54 yrs married as we didn't get hitched till 1969.
Think we are in it for the long run :beaming:

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:08 pm
Think we are in it for the long run :beaming:

yeah, that's now a sucker's bet! Betcha the two of you have outlasted most of any of your friends and family, huh? Congrats on the longevity, lil Queenie! And I see by the pic, it must have been taken BEFORE you got yer crowny, hey?

:lol: :-P :!: :cool: :roll: :beaming:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Sorry to say that is true. Lot's of friends gave up. We had our ups and downs but stuck w/it and made things work and now things are the best ever in our aged to perfection states :cheesyGrin:

We were both only 19 yrs old in that photo and I hadn't found my royalness yet but it was laying there dormant inside just waiting to pop out :queen:
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

Early congrats on your anniversary!
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

SarahT wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:48 pm Early congrats on your anniversary!
Thank you Sarah :beaming: