Watcha doing today?

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
Gemma
Reactions:

Re: Watcha doing today?

Post by Gemma »

I feel like I'm "hears dropping" on you two :cheesyGrin:
So how's everybody been?
I'm in charge of making Thanksgiving dinner but it's just gonna be the 5 of us, so it'll be nice and relaxing...made two pumpkin rolls yesterday and I'm about to get going on the dinner rolls...I'm baking more and more these days, turns out I'm actually not that bad at it...probably couldn't compete with mrs Broken but I'm getting better and better for sure Image

What does your Thanksgiving Day look like?
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:51 pm
oh, @Gemma !!!!!!! The royal wrath be a comin', methinks!

;) :shock: :razz: :roll: ;)
Image Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:05 am I feel like I'm "hears dropping" on you two :cheesyGrin:
So how's everybody been?
I'm in charge of making Thanksgiving dinner but it's just gonna be the 5 of us, so it'll be nice and relaxing...made two pumpkin rolls yesterday and I'm about to get going on the dinner rolls...I'm baking more and more these days, turns out I'm actually not that bad at it...probably couldn't compete with mrs Broken but I'm getting better and better for sure Image

What does your Thanksgiving Day look like?
around here, it's just generally me and mrsbrokensword, though this year, my son is in from NY, which is nice! Being vegan we don't have that huge of a spread, everything's the same except no meat! They make pretty good turkey substitutes these days and we go with that. Watching the Lions is one tradition I still have, though didn't think this year was going to be very good (until last Sunday's win; maybe, jusssssssstttt maybe!). Mrsbroken is already 'ready' and it'll be an easy setup later after the game. Glad you're doing well and have an easy Thanksgiving this year, too! And HEY! IFN ya is anglin' fer the Chief Chef's job, angle no mo--you got it! I certainly don't need lil Queenie dumping all her finicky lil dietary whatsits and whosits on me as well! We'll stick your carvin' knife right there next to your mop--you know, just so you won't LOSE it! heh heh, right @j.w ????

screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:10 am
brokensword wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:51 pm
oh, @Gemma !!!!!!! The royal wrath be a comin', methinks!

;) :shock: :razz: :roll: ;)
Image Image
ya been slackin'--that foyer entry to the CAstle Annex is a mite slippery, ya know, from all that snow as got dumped on poor widdle Queenie!!! Yeah, poor widdle @j.w , poor with all her widdle Godiva bits; probably gonna make Godiva stuffing fer Thanksgiving, I bet. Can ya learn, you know, real quick like, how to do that??? More wrath yer way ifn ya can't, I'm bettin'!! Oh, @j.w .... be ye STILL sleepin' in???? Sheesh! Royalty!!!!
st1-Thanksgiving.gif
st1-Thanksgiving.gif (19.9 KiB) Viewed 253 times
:queen: :inverted: :shock: :sillybearshock: :cool: :!:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Oh whatever Mr Kingy Boy, the Queen has risen from her royal bedding! Just getting ready to throw the stuffed bird in the royal oven. Just me and the old man today! No dessert at all here as hubby didn't want any and the queen is trying to lose some of her extra self. Godiva's will have to wait until Christmas where there definitely will be dessert and family gatherings.
Youngest grand-daughter is feeling under the weather and hope she gets better soon.
notturkey.GIF
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:05 pm
Youngest grand-daughter is feeling under the weather and hope she gets better soon.

notturkey.GIF
awwww, hope she's better soon! No fun getting sick around holidays!

Send her one of your lil anigifs for comfort, hey?

Have a happy Turkey Day, j.w!! Give me best to mrj.w!!
st1-Thanksgiving.gif
st1-Thanksgiving.gif (19.9 KiB) Viewed 250 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

She's fine just some sniffles etc. No biggy!
She gets her mac and cheese she likes to help her feel better.
Happy T-day to you and T too. Turkey is almost done, yay! Yours is prolly already eaten and digested by now. We are way behind in the zone ya know? It smells sooooooooooo good and the corn bake just went in the oven too.
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Thanksgiving is all done with, even the leftover is all gone, time to decorate for Christmas! Tomorrow Hubby will start outside and I will put up the tree and start decorating inside.
Today hubby and I went out in search of ideas for what to gift the boys for Christmas ...we found nothing!
The things we think they would like would turn out to be an expensive waste of money , so no, we're not doing that

Hubby took me to a place I've never been before...a store with a nice garden to walk around, arches to walk through, statues and pretty things everywhere and so now my head is on Spring project already :cheesyGrin:
I want to put arches on the outside of each raised garden beds gate (there are 3) and let climber cover the arches so that the gates are not so exposed...I'm thinking it would be nice to use climber roses, but I really don't want the work I remember was involved when I tried growing roses several years ago (black spot disease, pests etc) Hyacinth Bean is definitely an option.
So what do you guys think, would adding arches be a good or bad idea? And what plants would you suggest that bloom a lot and don't require much maintenance?

PS. I'm all caught up with my chores!Image ImageImage Image Image :cheesyGrin:
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

i like the idea of arches, but would have to see a refresher pic of the yard/ garden. and what zone you're in for plant rec's.
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Gemma wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:57 pm Thanksgiving is all done with, even the leftover is all gone, time to decorate for Christmas! Tomorrow Hubby will start outside and I will put up the tree and start decorating inside.
Today hubby and I went out in search of ideas for what to gift the boys for Christmas ...we found nothing!
The things we think they would like would turn out to be an expensive waste of money , so no, we're not doing that

Hubby took me to a place I've never been before...a store with a nice garden to walk around, arches to walk through, statues and pretty things everywhere and so now my head is on Spring project already :cheesyGrin:
I want to put arches on the outside of each raised garden beds gate (there are 3) and let climber cover the arches so that the gates are not so exposed...I'm thinking it would be nice to use climber roses, but I really don't want the work I remember was involved when I tried growing roses several years ago (black spot disease, pests etc) Hyacinth Bean is definitely an option.
So what do you guys think, would adding arches be a good or bad idea? And what plants would you suggest that bloom a lot and don't require much maintenance?

We still have Thanksgiving food left to eat. Figure a couple more days and then all there will be left is turkey and that will go into the soup my hubby will make. Days are starting to get colder and colder and soup will hit the spot! Might even get some snow soon, but I think they lie.

My tree never gets unput..............it sits in a room we don't use covered w/a sheet and plastic all decorated and ready to roll back each year. Yep talk about lazy, that's a perfect fixed up tree for me! Want to just give the kids some cash and call it good. Will get prezzies for the young g-daughter and call it good. I will cook the Christmas Eve din din for them all.

I bet the arches will look nice w/plants climbing and blooming all over them. Not sure on which plants would be less work tho. Seems like they would all need pruning.

Good you got all caught up, now if we could just get that kingy boy up and moving to do all of his stuff! The gators are starving and if he walks by he better watch it as I have heard rumors of who their next meal might be and it's not me or you 8-)
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

SarahT wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:42 am i like the idea of arches, but would have to see a refresher pic of the yard/ garden. and what zone you're in for plant rec's.
Thank you @SarahT for helping me with my projectImage
The pics I have don't really show the gates so I will go out later (it's still dark outside)to take new ones
I believe I'm in zone 6a
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

j.w wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:15 am
Gemma wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:57 pm Thanksgiving is all done with, even the leftover is all gone, time to decorate for Christmas! Tomorrow Hubby will start outside and I will put up the tree and start decorating inside.

We still have Thanksgiving food left to eat. Figure a couple more days and then all there will be left is turkey and that will go into the soup my hubby will make. Days are starting to get colder and colder and soup will hit the spot! Might even get some snow soon, but I think they lie.

My tree never gets unput..............it sits in a room we don't use covered w/a sheet and plastic all decorated and ready to roll back each year. Yep talk about lazy, that's a perfect fixed up tree for me! Want to just give the kids some cash and call it good. Will get prezzies for the young g-daughter and call it good. I will cook the Christmas Eve din din for them all.

I bet the arches will look nice w/plants climbing and blooming all over them. Not sure on which plants would be less work tho. Seems like they would all need pruning.

Good you got all caught up, now if we could just get that kingy boy up and moving to do all of his stuff! The gators are starving and if he walks by he better watch it as I have heard rumors of who their next meal might be and it's not me or you 8-)
I guess we'll have to do gift cards but I'm not happy about that! My favorite thing about receiving gifts, it is to see how well the giver knows me, so money, gift cards etc although appreciated, are like saying "here, you shop for yourself cause I really don't know you :cheesyGrin:
I know several people who never take down the Christmas lights tooImage
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond