from the last weekend in July

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: from the last weekend in July

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:06 pm We need to reign him in now and then.
heh heh; good luck with THAT!

:grin: :cheesyGrin: :-P :roll: :shock: ;) :cool: :!:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

brokensword wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:41 pm
rubyduby wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 pm The pics are beautiful of your flora and fauna brokensword...As for your imagination, well, it's definitely out there! LOL
RUBY!!! How ya doin'? Fully functional and ready to kick some a...whoops! Sowwy, meant to respond to j.w and forgot who I was talkin' to! That is, ready to mix a new batch of mojitos and join the pond parade again? How's your pond doing? And your 'extra' lil fry that grew into stepkids? They still with ya?

Thanks, Ruby, for the kind words and the second eyes on those security tapes; j.w is a good sport and when she pokes at me, well, you know, just gotta find a 'better' poker in response! Sorta what we do around here and won't get stuck in a corner for it neither!! Besides, it wasn't ME who was caught on camera...methinks you'd better have a 'talk' with the choco queen...erm, the gif queen, that is! I forget sometimes which came first, ya know?

Thanks for ridin' shotgun over lil queenie; you have no idea how much of a load that takes off my duty list!!!

:hysterical: :cheesyGrin: :inverted: :!: :cool:
Thanks for asking:) I've been a busy bee....no new fry (thank God) ...I am at what I think is the max for my pond (I have about 25 goldfish in about 900 gallons) Had a banded watersnake visit but can't see that he ate anything but frogs...My new companion (giant egret) stays here all day long and has never taken a fish...I wish I had built a shallow wading area where the egret could keep my numbers in check but so far every fish that has been born in this pond is still thriving (I credit the fish cave and the fact that I feed sinking food which keeps my fish at the bottom of the pond most of the time for this)...I have no algae issues, water is clear, Taro has exploded...
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@rubyduby I'm very surprised that egret isn't taking any fish and also the snake! Hope it stays that way.
WetWork
Reactions:

Post by WetWork »

Third blooming of spider lilies? That's amazing! Mine are just putting on those big seeds and looking pretty droopy. I can't imagine they would ever bloom even twice.
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

j.w wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:39 pm @rubyduby I'm very surprised that egret isn't taking any fish and also the snake! Hope it stays that way.
I wish she would take some fish j.w....I am right at the limit...Between the waterfall, the aerator, the lilies and other plants, she can't see the fish very well...They know immediately to go to the fish cave though as soon as they see her approaching for a drink (that's all she does at the pond and then comes running back to look in the windows to see where I am in the house) so she never gets close enough to them to snatch one...
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

WetWork wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:42 am Third blooming of spider lilies? That's amazing! Mine are just putting on those big seeds and looking pretty droopy. I can't imagine they would ever bloom even twice.
I love the look of them (spider lilies) BS certainly has a green thumb to have a third round!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

WetWork wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:42 am Third blooming of spider lilies? That's amazing! Mine are just putting on those big seeds and looking pretty droopy. I can't imagine they would ever bloom even twice.
can't explain it myself, just glad it's happening. I'm leaving the seed pods to drop into the bog v1 where they're at and hope they sprout next summer, while taking in the main plant(s) again for the winter. If overwintering this way is the secret sauce, I'm gonna keep doing it, ya know!! Still some summer left too, dare I say that it might bloom yet again???? Wouldn't that be interesting! :!:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:12 pm
can't explain it myself, just glad it's happening. I'm leaving the seed pods to drop into the bog v1 where they're at and hope they sprout next summer, while taking in the main plant(s) again for the winter. If overwintering this way is the secret sauce, I'm gonna keep doing it, ya know!! Still some summer left too, dare I say that it might bloom yet again???? Wouldn't that be interesting! :!:
Whatever works Kingy Boy............keep the plants coming back and blooming like mad :cheesyGrin: