Gemma's Pond

Gemma
Reactions:

Re: Gemma's Pond

Post by Gemma »

@j.w I'm a lot of things but lazy aint one of them Image

I leave the net there cause some of my koi swim upward to the plant tub and I have no heron protection there
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:42 am @j.w I'm a lot of things but lazy aint one of them Image

I leave the net there cause some of my koi swim upward to the plant tub and I have no heron protection there
I liked MY explanation better...you should adopt it!

:grin: :roll:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

j.w wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:00 pm I had a peach one that I got from addy but I don't have them anymore. I gave all my water lilies away as they became too hard for me to drag out and divide.
Here is what it looked like. You could ask her if she still have that kind and she might send you some tubers when she divided hers or you might ask her if she has some bright colored ones.

How did I miss this post? Image
I got both my water lily from addy, we swapped plants a few times. I love the ones I have but I have room for a third one and I would like one that's bright as well as prolific. I researched the Perry's Baby Red that @Dimelius recommended but I can't seem to find a trustworthy vender... playkoi has a minimum of 3 plants of same kind x order so that doesn't work for me
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:36 pm
Gemma wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:45 pm @Dimelius Thank you so much I'm definitely looking for that one now..My yellow is not too bright but I kept it cause it opens 4 days instead of 2-3, but I can totally replace it with one that blooms more often

@rubyduby thanks for your compliments

No one wondering why I leave that huge net laying around on the pond wall? Image
I figured it was to lasso mrsGemma any time he gets too nosey re your pond.....

...no?

heh heh

:-P :o :cool:
That's too funny! OK you win.. Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:53 pm
j.w wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:00 pm I had a peach one that I got from addy but I don't have them anymore. I gave all my water lilies away as they became too hard for me to drag out and divide.
Here is what it looked like. You could ask her if she still have that kind and she might send you some tubers when she divided hers or you might ask her if she has some bright colored ones.

I got both my water lily from addy, we swapped plants a few times. I love the ones I have but I have room for a third one and I would like one that's bright as well as prolific. I researched the Perry's Baby Red that @Dimelius recommended but I can't seem to find a trustworthy vender... playkoi has a minimum of 3 plants of same kind x order so that doesn't work for me
I got my first Water Lily from Lowe's and all the rest from addy. Go ahead and ask her if she has any of that one or any others that are nice and bright. That yellow one of @Dimelius 's is a beauty too!
Dimelius
Reactions:

Post by Dimelius »

The yellow one is the smallest yellow waterlily of the world (or almost)...but like blooming and focus of the pond, the perry baby red is over the top...i got a lil sproud on the root...it alrdy made 2 flowers too...
Dimelius
Reactions:

Post by Dimelius »

Damn really? So bad that im far away or i could share mine :( .

Cant help on sellers too, so sad.
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Dimelius wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:54 pm The yellow one is the smallest yellow waterlily of the world (or almost)...but like blooming and focus of the pond, the perry baby red is over the top...i got a lil sproud on the root...it alrdy made 2 flowers too...
I missed this post too WTH how does that keep happening Image
Can you please show me a pic of the yellow?
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Dimelius wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:56 pm

It's ok it's the thought that count Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:57 pm
Dimelius wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:56 pm

It's ok it's the thought that count Image
found one at Pond Megastore ( https://pondmegastore.com/products/perrys-baby-red-waterlily?variant=39150542218t ) although the price is a lot more than other (out of stock) places.
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
Dimelius
Reactions:

Post by Dimelius »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:54 pm
Dimelius wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:54 pm The yellow one is the smallest yellow waterlily of the world (or almost)...but like blooming and focus of the pond, the perry baby red is over the top...i got a lil sproud on the root...it alrdy made 2 flowers too...
I missed this post too WTH how does that keep happening Image
Can you please show me a pic of the yellow?
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

@Dimelius I agree, that's a lovely mini lily Image

I ended up getting one from addy1, she said it should be the same she sent @j.w plus she threw in a couple of floaters (no, not that kindImage ) so we'll see I might end up with 3 new different colors

I can see if they start to grow from my deck

6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond