FB ponders

darkmuse
Reactions:

FB ponders

Post by darkmuse »

Reading on Facebook shows me a different kind of ponder, or so it seems to me. Anyone else notice this? There's especially a drive toward using lots of different pond chemicals. I know most around here don't promote their use and I'm glad to be in the same category!
Gemma
Reactions:

Re: FB ponders

Post by Gemma »

I used to be one of those people when I started my first pond. I figured it was a must, to trust a pond store owner, or a person who had years of personal experience. I used to treat my pond regularly with bacteria, muck remover, barley, algaefix and twice x year I would also treat the whole pond for parasites. My water did stay clear and my fish were ok, but the expense was enormous.
Now I don't put absolutely nothing in the pond! I invested in building a better filtration system, which took care of all water related issues, and I've applied the savings into purchasing better fish food.
My fish have not had any issues since I stopped the chemicals, and improved their diet and I wish all pond owners out there would at least try the natural way alternative, I think a lot more people would get into ponding if they knew it doesn't have to be so expensive, to maintain a pond
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

I've only recently been active on FB, and mainly to let others know about PondLife, but I echo your thoughts; there are too many that just feel they have to add this or that, and if they don't, their fish will die. Guess they at least care, but surely when someone bursts out with different ideas, with evidence you don't need all that stuff, SOME would re-consider, you know? It's definitely a different kind of 'discussion' there as opposed to the pond forums I've been part of. The bacteria in a bottle people and UV bulb resellers, must be smiling all the way to the bank...
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
Jhn
Reactions:

Post by Jhn »

Never really got into the social media thing. I have better things to do with my time than try to help someone with their pond issues who thinks they have it all figured out, but I digress….If I’ve learned nothing else in life, whether you know it or not things are constantly changing and you can/must always learn new things.