Best part

darkmuse
Reactions:

Best part

Post by darkmuse »

What is the best part of the pond for you? A general question but it can be specific, too! For me, it's the sound of the waterfall as it's very relaxing.
j.w
Reactions:

Re: Best part

Post by j.w »

I love when I walk by the pond and all the fish come flying over to greet me! Me too tho love the sound of the falls.
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

this one is difficult because I know I'd miss any of the elements, but I guess it's the feel like I'm IN nature and am aware of all the colors and textures around me. To narrow it down though, for sure the fish would leave a big hole in the panorama! Getting into koi really expanded that aspect for me. I always liked when I had the shubunkins but goldfish were secondary then.
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
TheFishGuy
Reactions:

Post by TheFishGuy »

I like the project that it provides for me. I really enjoy improving my work ( there is a lot of that to be done ) and adding on new features!
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

TheFishGuy wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:25 pm I like the project that it provides for me. I really enjoy improving my work ( there is a lot of that to be done ) and adding on new features!
Reminds me I need to get out there and redo my underwater filter set up. Want to change the hose set up so it is easier to drag up to clean.

Can't wait till the weather dries and warms up so I can be out there more often
stonehopper.gif
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

It's hard to separate the sound and visual of cascading water through beautiful plants and fish, but if I had to pick, I'd say the koi are my favorite part :!:
Attachments
smloveit2.gif
smloveit2.gif (6.26 KiB) Viewed 524 times
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

I agree with all of the above...If I had to pick the one thing that I love most it would have to be the feeling I get looking at what I have created and the close proximity to nature that it has brought me...
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish