Watcha doing today?

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
j.w
Reactions:

Watcha doing today?

Post by j.w »

Sorry boys but the lady's might like this one................
well I guess guys wear jewelry too today. :wink:

I had a fun idea after I was looking online the other day to find an earring/necklace wall rack as my jewelry box was a jumbled up mess. The ones I found online were cheap looking and not a lot of great reviews on any of them and they were not as big as I wanted. So I get an idea. Why not make my own?
Checked out some DIY ideas and finally came up w/a plan.
Found an old painting at the free shack I visit on my walks each day up the road. It was the perfect size for what I wanted. Had an old beige sheet and cut that up to size to cover the front of the picture and tacked it down all around the back of it to hold it nice and tight. Then had some old lacy material that would be perfect for covering the sheet. The lace would work well as the earrings would hook easily on to that. Tacked that all down in the back also. Then took some wire and ran that across the front middle of the holder so I could hang necklaces on it. Attached a wall hook to the back and a hook on the wall and good to go. Here is how it turned out.
Maybe not the greatest work of art but it's good for what I wanted :arrow:

IMG_9846 (1200x900).jpg
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: Watcha doing today?

Post by brokensword »

gonna suggest mgt makes YOU in charge of all the DIY stuff around here!! Gotta love thinking outside the box! And esp with prices, you almost have to be creative these days...
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

What a GREAT idea j.w...So nice to be able to see everything without having to dig through a jewelry box!
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Yep B.S the stuff on line wasn't what I wanted and not cheap for the flimsy things they were. Everything I used to make it was all free down to the tacks. Get things from that free shack where we drop things off or pick up things we need up the road.

rubyduby thanks and it is so nice to be able to see and grab now. Before I had to untangle things and it drove me nuts!
poconojoe
Reactions:

Post by poconojoe »

Very nice!
It's so very functional yet attractive.
It's nice to see something so nice looking created out of practically nothing.
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

poconojoe wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:43 pm Very nice!
It's so very functional yet attractive.
It's nice to see something so nice looking created out of practically nothing.
it's a shoe-string budget here, PJ; wait, may not even be that--did I SEE a shoestring in her setup????

:-P :cool:
ZenQueen
Reactions:

Post by ZenQueen »

j.w wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:41 pm Sorry boys but the lady's might like this one................

I had a fun idea after I was looking online the other day to find an earring/necklace wall rack as my jewelry box was a jumbled up mess. The ones I found online were cheap looking and not a lot of great reviews on any of them and they were not as big as I wanted. So I get an idea. Why not make my own?
Found an old painting at the free shack I visit on my walks each day up the road. It was the perfect size for what I wanted. Had an old beige sheet and cut that up to size to cover the front of the picture and tacked it down all around the back of it to hold it nice and tight. Then had some old lacy material that would be perfect for covering the sheet. The lace would work well as the earrings would hook easily on to that. Tacked that all down in the back also. Then took some wire and ran that across the front middle of the holder so I could hang necklaces on it. Attached a wall hook to the back and a hook on the wall and good to go. Here is how it turned out.

IMG_9846 (1200x900).jpg
I love this and really need something like this- but the cats would have a field day! But my necklaces are always wrapping together 😔
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

ZenQueen wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:04 pm
j.w wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:41 pm Sorry boys but the lady's might like this one................

IMG_9846 (1200x900).jpg
I love this and really need something like this- but the cats would have a field day! But my necklaces are always wrapping together 😔
Thanks, this thing is high up on a wall but I know if a cat sees something dangly they can jump 10ft to try and get at it 8-)
ZenQueen
Reactions:

Post by ZenQueen »

25EB82DD-17EA-4BFF-BF9B-D25AEA9E46DB.jpeg
25EB82DD-17EA-4BFF-BF9B-D25AEA9E46DB.jpeg (268.37 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Game playing with the hub! 🍷😉
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

ZenQueen wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:58 pm 25EB82DD-17EA-4BFF-BF9B-D25AEA9E46DB.jpegGame playing with the hub! 🍷😉
What's that one called? My hubby won't do games anymore, bah humbug!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

fixing the forum 'mention' /tagging system, installed a couple other extension to liven up the place, hit FB peeps and told them all our acros, added a big post there re bogs which should help newbies interested, hoping to start editing in a moment or two...
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:44 pm
ZenQueen wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:58 pm 25EB82DD-17EA-4BFF-BF9B-D25AEA9E46DB.jpegGame playing with the hub! 🍷😉
What's that one called? My hubby won't do games anymore, bah humbug!
tis called Scribbage; sort of like Scrabble without the board and a time limit.