brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

of the pond; front, back and UW (featuring an orginal song by my son!!)
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Re: 3 views

Post by j.w »

Very nice as usual @brokensword :beaming:
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Great videos! So many different colors and shapes and sizes...Not many black ones...About 1/4 of my fry stayed black...Do you cull them?
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

rubyduby wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:49 pm Great videos! So many different colors and shapes and sizes...Not many black ones...About 1/4 of my fry stayed black...Do you cull them?
nope, no culling. When I had only gf, about 1/3 were dark/black, which equalled to 30 or so. As time went past, many have turned orange/red. Some are still turning. I always wished they'd STAY orange with some black markings but none ever have. I'd say I have maybe 10 large adult dark gf and another 5ish fry. Of course the darker color helps them survive but am glad a lot have changed. I don't mind the dark ones now as when they swim all together, the dark ones help the other colors 'pop' a bit more, and of course, then you can also SEE the dark ones. There's a couple that have longer fins and one that might have some fantail blood in him! I bet over time yours will change too, Ruby!

:grin: ;)
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

brokensword wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:50 pm
rubyduby wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:49 pm Great videos! So many different colors and shapes and sizes...Not many black ones...About 1/4 of my fry stayed black...Do you cull them?
nope, no culling. When I had only gf, about 1/3 were dark/black, which equalled to 30 or so. As time went past, many have turned orange/red. Some are still turning. I always wished they'd STAY orange with some black markings but none ever have. I'd say I have maybe 10 large adult dark gf and another 5ish fry. Of course the darker color helps them survive but am glad a lot have changed. I don't mind the dark ones now as when they swim all together, the dark ones help the other colors 'pop' a bit more, and of course, then you can also SEE the dark ones. There's a couple that have longer fins and one that might have some fantail blood in him! I bet over time yours will change too, Ruby!

:grin: ;)
Thanks! I like having some black ones..funny that when I feed I can't see them (stealth) but notice the pellets disappear, POOF! gone:)
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish