thinking maybe about getting into koi

Gemma
Reactions:

Re: thinking maybe about getting into koi

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:46 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:30 pm
brokensword wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:09 pm

they DO show up in the pond, don't they? But I like when the darker ones mix with such as then, the metallics pop even more. The orange goldfish are great for this, too.
My Ochiba is totally black with a white underside and a bit of orange where the fin are attached to the body.It's weird cause she was ginrin and the black is like velvet, no ginrin is visible....and we named her "Glitter" so what now?
Here's what she looked like when we bought her

HEY! The photo standards peeps are gonna be callin' on ya; ah, where's the AFTER pic, hey?????
That's the pic the seller posted, I thought since I bought the darn fish I gained rights to its photoImage
but since I'm a people pleaser (Not) here's one of my own
I've never seen an Ochiba with red like yours, just silver and golden brown like mine..I love yours!

6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:10 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:30 pm

My Ochiba is totally black with a white underside and a bit of orange where the fin are attached to the body.It's weird cause she was ginrin and the black is like velvet, no ginrin is visible....and we named her "Glitter" so what now?
Here's what she looked like when we bought her

HEY! The photo standards peeps are gonna be callin' on ya; ah, where's the AFTER pic, hey?????
That's the pic the seller posted, I thought since I bought the darn fish I gained rights to its photoImage
I've never seen an Ochiba with red like yours, just silver and golden brown like mine..I love yours!

hey O' People Pleaser; is this a current pic? Am I seeing it in a plastic bag? Like when you first intro'd it into GemmaLandPond? I actually like this pic better'n the first! If NOT current, well...you know the drill...

;) :cheesyGrin: :inverted:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:23 pm

hey O' People Pleaser; is this a current pic? Am I seeing it in a plastic bag? Like when you first intro'd it into GemmaLandPond? I actually like this pic better'n the first! If NOT current, well...you know the drill...

You are correct that is a pic of when I first bought it...and there isn't gonna be any drill cause the fish is totally black and impossible to photograph ...by me that is :cheesyGrin:
I wanted to show how she (I think it's a she but could be wrong) looked to start with, cause no one would believe she WAS an Ochiba...I think she is now a Karasu
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:03 pm
brokensword wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:23 pm

You are correct that is a pic of when I first bought it...and there isn't gonna be any drill cause the fish is totally black and impossible to photograph ...by me that is :cheesyGrin:
I wanted to show how she (I think it's a she but could be wrong) looked to start with, cause no one would believe she WAS an Ochiba...I think she is now a Karasu
you can earn more brownie points with mgt. if you successfully snapshot that ochia/karasu! heh heh

Actually, I know what you're on about; I BOUGHT a karasu (don't go snickering; I KNEW I'd never actually see it from the top, and it was for the UW cam where I COULD see it!) and though it died a month later, it was indeed the hardest one for me to 'count'/find! Still, extra brownie points might get @j.w to share her Godiva!!! Jus' sayin'!

:roll: :beaming:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html