What do you have in your bog right now?

Dimelius
Reactions:

Re: What do you have in your bog right now?

Post by Dimelius »

Im the only safe so!!! Ahahah
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Double duty now for @Dimelius and triple for you now that you let the dirt run out of the bag so everyone can see our royal laundry! Another thing, if you don't have some degree of dementia you aren't allowed to be a party to the party of the first and 2nd parties in the Royal party!
It has been decreed pizza for all (w/o pineapple!
Pizza queen.gif
Dimelius
Reactions:

Post by Dimelius »

PIZZAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

So what I was saying in the post I lost (was stolen) is that ...I started putting plants in my bog, so far I've got: irises, marigold and cardinal (the 3 resident plants) 3 taro, 4 water canna, 3 impatient, 1 calla lily, 1 spike ...still room to fill but I need time to go shopping
In the plant poll I have: irises and marigold (permanent residents) I added 3 impatient, 1 umbrella palm, 1 spike, 1 taro, 1 creepying jenny, i mini umbrella palm (not sure on the name), 2 water canna, 1 coleus

Thank you @brokensword for teaching me I can use coleus in water, I should add one in the bog as well

What other NOT "water plant" have you guys used successfully in the bog/pond? Anyone tried Zinnia?
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Dimelius wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:30 pm PIZZAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
I'm in Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:54 pm Double duty now for @Dimelius and triple for you now that you let the dirt run out of the bag so everyone can see our royal laundry! Another thing, if you don't have some degree of dementia you aren't allowed to be a party to the party of the first and 2nd parties in the Royal party!
Pizza queen.gif
just trying to decipher this is a sure sign maybe you DO need pineapple on your pizza! I mean, sheesh! Party to the party with parties all around doing nuthin' but partyin' and yada yada yada...oh me oh my...think I just gave myself a migraine...

(damn Royals!!)

:-P :roll: :cool:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Dimelius wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:30 pm PIZZAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
I'd say 'stop encouraging her' but well, with the Italian flourish to your English, she might misunderstand and it would get worse!!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:28 pm So what I was saying in the post I lost (was stolen) is that ...I started putting plants in my bog, so far I've got: irises, marigold and cardinal (the 3 resident plants) 3 taro, 4 water canna, 3 impatient, 1 calla lily, 1 spike ...still room to fill but I need time to go shopping
In the plant poll I have: irises and marigold (permanent residents) I added 3 impatient, 1 umbrella palm, 1 spike, 1 taro, 1 creepying jenny, i mini umbrella palm (not sure on the name), 2 water canna, 1 coleus

Thank you @brokensword for teaching me I can use coleus in water, I should add one in the bog as well

What other NOT "water plant" have you guys used successfully in the bog/pond? Anyone tried Zinnia?
a lot of plants will do fine and develop water roots, so take a chance and experiment. No, never did zinnias. I TRY to stay in the pond plant section as there's a lot of variety and I can't grow them easily in the garden. But this year, put in two coleus (bog v1) and some impatiens in bog v2. Mostly, I have perennials. Looks like you have a nice variety, though!
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@gemma all sounds great on the plant. I don't have a bog so can't suggest anything else. I do love the Sedges tho. they are really good at sucking up gunk!
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:28 pm
j.w wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:54 pm Double duty now for @Dimelius and triple for you now that you let the dirt run out of the bag so everyone can see our royal laundry! Another thing, if you don't have some degree of dementia you aren't allowed to be a party to the party of the first and 2nd parties in the Royal party!
Pizza queen.gif
just trying to decipher this is a sure sign maybe you DO need pineapple on your pizza! I mean, sheesh! Party to the party with parties all around doing nuthin' but partyin' and yada yada yada...oh me oh my...think I just gave myself a migraine...

(damn Royals!!)

Oh lighten up Kingy and get in w/the groove! We are all going to party till the royal cows come home and have no pineapple pizza's w/o you if you don't behave. You want pineapple you bringy it yourselfy as you are a big boy. Pull up your britches and stop poo pooing the Queen or she'll knock you in the head w/a rotten tangerine
orange44.jpg
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:52 pm
brokensword wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:28 pm
Pizza queen.gif

(damn Royals!!)

Oh lighten up Kingy and get in w/the groove! We are all going to party till the royal cows come home and have no pineapple pizza's w/o you if you don't behave. You want pineapple you bringy it yourselfy as you are a big boy. Pull up your britches and stop poo pooing the Queen or she'll knock you in the head w/a rotten tangerine orange44.jpg
YIKES! Pullin' out the 'rotten tangerine' trick, are ye? Serious stuff, ya know...might induce some gif-making that'll melt yer royal hi-ness all to puddles in front of the chocolate pantry door! Don't forget who drew 'change the pantry locks' on their chore list last month...!!!

:razz:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:41 pm @gemma all sounds great on the plant. I don't have a bog so can't suggest anything else. I do love the Sedges tho. they are really good at sucking up gunk!
very true and a good idea; I forgot I put some zebra grass in my bog last year and it's come back just fine. Good one, jDub!

:!: