Welcome

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Welcome

Post by brokensword »

Hail and Welcome to all you beginning ponders, or ponder-wanna-bes! If you have a moment, please check the Community and Forum Rules in the Pond Questions forum viewtopic.php?t=14 to acquaint yourself a bit with what SoS PondLIfe is all about! Also, your location, general pond details whether just established or soon to be, and any experience you've had with your question as it will help facilitate faster, better answers to your problem!

Introduce yourself and by all means, feel at home and have some fun! Looking forward to meeting you and having you be a part of our family of ponders!
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Re: Welcome

Post by j.w »

Hi I'm j.w, I live in Arlington, Washington. My first pond I built in 2001 over the septic pipes (not on purpose) and around 2008 I moved it to the other side of the walkway in case anything ever needed to be dug up in the old spot over the pipes. The current pond is about 2400 gals and contains only goldies and misc. plants. Our weather here in 2010 has been a bit warmer than normal one so far and my fish are hungry and active but I'm not feeding yet as here anything is possible weather-wise. I enjoy gardening also and have a green house I use to grow tomatoes mostly.
Walking, biking, camping and just the great outdoors are things I love to enjoy. Hope I can contribute meaningful interactions with you all.
Oh and I love animations...............
sml queen animation.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Hail and Welcome to all you experienced, beginning, and ponder-wanna-bes! If you have a moment, please check the Community and Forum Rules in the Pond Questions forum https://swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=14 to acquaint yourself a bit with what SoS PondLIfe is all about! Also, your location, general pond details whether just established or soon to be, and any experience you've had with your question as it will help facilitate faster, better answers to your problem!

Introduce yourself and by all means, feel at home and have some fun! Looking forward to meeting you and having you be a part of our family of ponders!
YShahar
Reactions:

Post by YShahar »

Shalom Y'all!

I live in Israel (a tiny country the size of Rhode Island that you've probably never heard of ;) ). My first pond was meant to be the biofilter for a much bigger one that would take up most of our garden. I probably made just about every mistake in the book on that little pond, but it was fun doing it and learning from it. The bigger pond hit a snag when I hit bedrock about 30 cm down. Now I'm finally getting back to finishing the project, with the help of a wide selection of pickaxes and chisels and the occasional demolition hammer.

Other hobbies: off-road trekking, garden design, web design, eating my husband's cooking...
ZenQueen
Reactions:

Post by ZenQueen »

Good morning,

My name is Traci and I am so happy to be here!

:mrgreen:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:02 pm Hi I'm j.w,...
Oh and I love animations............... sml queen animation.gif
do you now? Really???? :lol:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

YShahar wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:44 am Shalom Y'all!

I live in Israel (a tiny country the size of Rhode Island that you've probably never heard of ;) ). My first pond was meant to be the biofilter for a much bigger one that would take up most of our garden. I probably made just about every mistake in the book on that little pond, but it was fun doing it and learning from it. The bigger pond hit a snag when I hit bedrock about 30 cm down. Now I'm finally getting back to finishing the project, with the help of a wide selection of pickaxes and chisels and the occasional demolition hammer.

Other hobbies: off-road trekking, garden design, web design, eating my husband's cooking...
Well, I can see how much dynamite is left in the armory; would that help? Nice to see we have a Mediterranean liaison again!

And welcome to PondLife!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

ZenQueen wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:49 pm Good morning,

My name is Traci and I am so happy to be here!

:mrgreen:
Listen Zen, we gots ourselves some rulz here; and one is--DON'T be stingy with yer words! Tell us all about that lil zen thing you got going on... heh heh :-P ;)
TheFishGuy
Reactions:

Post by TheFishGuy »

Hello All! I think we all know where all of us came from, but I am happy to be here! I will of course be sticking around in the "other" neighborhood, but who says you have to be forum loyal!
ZenQueen
Reactions:

Post by ZenQueen »

Really now, what ya' sayin'?

I have the most beautiful pond, with frogs, fish, turtles, waterfalls and I would LOVE to take credit but yeah the hub takes care of all that, he's the man I must admit! Hmm and you don't say, that a picture may already be available? :lol:

It's my total ZEN arena! I can just sit out there and breathe...AND beat my husband at GIN! :)
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Hi..I'm rubyduby and I live in Sarasota, Florida. My pond is about 900 gallons with a waterfall and stream leading into it. I have an Aquascape set up (skimmer and biofalls) with seven adult shubunkin goldfish who breed like rabbits and now I have all sizes of fry in the pond....I also have a curly tail lizard who lives under one of the big rocks surrounding my pond. He is about seven inches long and growing (I feed him live mealworms) I am happy to join this friendly community :)
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

YShahar wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:44 am Shalom Y'all!

YellowFish.gif
@YShahar
So glad to see you here :arrow: