Gemma's Pond

rubyduby
Reactions:

Re: Gemma's Pond

Post by rubyduby »

Gemma wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:31 pm A view of the pond from a window.

Your pond is beautiful Gemma..Loved the video too! Blue is hanging in there!
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Thank you @rubyduby
Now we have a raccoon that made his home under the bog spill and I'm afraid to go there so I can't take care of the plants
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:17 pm Thank you @rubyduby
Now we have a raccoon that made his home under the bog spill and I'm afraid to go there so I can't take care of the plants
sounds like it's time for a live trap...but I bet raccoons are more afraid of you than you of them! Would probably just hide from you or even move out if enough activity was in their space!
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Time to give Mr Gemma the frying pans to bang together loudly and scare that bugger outta there or maybe an air horn
clown horn.gif
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Hubby tried the hose, got the poor thing drenched in water but still it refused to move out from under there

6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:24 pm
sounds like it's time for a live trap...but I bet raccoons are more afraid of you than you of them! Would probably just hide from you or even move out if enough activity was in their space!
I suggested the trap, we use them to relocate groundhogs and once accidentally trapped a baby raccoon... but hubby's not comfortable with the release part

6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Gemma wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:42 pm
I suggested the trap, we use them to relocate groundhogs and once accidentally trapped a baby raccoon... but hubby's not comfortable with the release part

Maybe get a brave neighbor or friend to let it go when you trap it. You could put a big towel over the cage when you take it to relocate and when ready open the gate but don't take the towel off yet. Have a long rope tied to the towel so you can back the heck a long ways off and then pull the rope and off comes the towel! Then run like heck!
Rocky is then free Image
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:42 pm

okay, okay, here's some REAL advice that might work; take a rag and soak it with ammonia, then place it near the opening. The smell will be overwhelming and the raccoon should 'skidaddle' in time. Supposedly, this works with ground hogs, but problem is finding ALL the openings!
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@Gemma We need video's of all this racoon hunting and capturing etc. Maybe just have Mr Gemma do a wee wee outside of that cavern. We don't need that in the video tho!
racoon laying.gif
smiley-pee-face.gif
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

That racoon is supposed to move but it will do so only if I click on it.............what's up w/that Mr Kingy Boy?
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:42 pm @Gemma We need video's of all this racoon hunting and capturing etc. Maybe just have Mr Gemma do a wee wee outside of that cavern. We don't need that in the video tho!

racoon laying.gif

smiley-pee-face.gif
Oh, that's a capital idea! BUT! have the cam turned toward MrGemma, hey? Probably going to be more entertaining...
heh heh

:roll: :!:
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

j.w wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:42 pm @Gemma We need video's of all this racoon hunting and capturing etc. Maybe just have Mr Gemma do a wee wee outside of that cavern. We don't need that in the video tho!

racoon laying.gif

smiley-pee-face.gif
Image you kill me!
ok so I shot a short video and I learned how to post it on here from youtube...but I don't remember how to get it on youtube so maybe @brokensword can be so kind once again and step in and be of assistance Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond