Gemma's Pond

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: Gemma's Pond

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:47 pm just let them freeze to death outside this year and be done w/them. Then I will have no plants to bring inside,yay!

Adios 56.gif

The End11.gif
you know, whilst sittin' at da pub havin' an ale, and the boys bring up 'the queen', I gets me this lil shiverin' thang that makes them all stop their smirkin' and grinnin'. They sees me face and their pallor pales. They know what I'm 'bout ta say...and now, I kin recall the words above to 'em, say it wit a tremor in me voice, get all spooky creepy like..."jus' let 'em FREEZE TA DAETH" is wot I'll say, aye, dats wot she did...then go all grimace-y like, furrow a brow or two, put a sneer in me grin, let me mustache go all white with shock and awe...aye, that's wot'll 'appin' alright!

And they'll cross themselves in haste, flashes of lightning and storms behind their eyes as they all look real sympathetic at me, their apologies not unheard...jus' unable to comprehend me workin' conditions here at the Annex...they'll cringe and fawn over me, offer free ale, drink to my future unsure health, whisper as I leave..."now, dare goes the bravest man I ever saw!"

There's echoes on the wind lately, some friendly, some not so much, and they are reminding me; DON'T FERGET THIS MONTH'S GODIVA ORDER!

I hear 'em, dontchoo worry; but, my hope lies in...in...the eye of the dragon!!

(queue the insane laughter track)

:pirate:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:20 am
j.w wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:47 pm just let them freeze to death outside this year and be done w/them. Then I will have no plants to bring inside,yay!

Adios 56.gif

The End11.gif
you know, whilst sittin' at da pub havin' an ale, and the boys bring up 'the queen', I gets me this lil shiverin' thang that makes them all stop their smirkin' and grinnin'. They sees me face and their pallor pales. They know what I'm 'bout ta say...and now, I kin recall the words above to 'em, say it wit a tremor in me voice, get all spooky creepy like..."jus' let 'em FREEZE TA DAETH" is wot I'll say, aye, dats wot she did...then go all grimace-y like, furrow a brow or two, put a sneer in me grin, let me mustache go all white with shock and awe...aye, that's wot'll 'appin' alright!

And they'll cross themselves in haste, flashes of lightning and storms behind their eyes as they all look real sympathetic at me, their apologies not unheard...jus' unable to comprehend me workin' conditions here at the Annex...they'll cringe and fawn over me, offer free ale, drink to my future unsure health, whisper as I leave..."now, dare goes the bravest man I ever saw!"

There's echoes on the wind lately, some friendly, some not so much, and they are reminding me; DON'T FERGET THIS MONTH'S GODIVA ORDER!

I hear 'em, dontchoo worry; but, my hope lies in...in...the eye of the dragon!!

(queue the insane laughter track)

:pirate:
Ye be a learnin Kingy Boy..............the powers that be are strong and keep drinkin that ale as it might keep ye a bit warmer if push comes to shove out there in the land of the frozen dead.
ghost03r.gif
And your lil ole draggy's head will make a nice wreath for the castle door!
dead dragon.gif
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:59 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:20 pm It's that time a year again, when I want to enjoy the blooms for as long as I can, but don't want to wait till it's bitter cold to prep the pond and garden for winter...so I will be pulling a few at a time.
Do you guys wait till the plants look yellow and dead?

My Marsh Marigold bloomed all season this year and it is still at it!... and of course impatient don't stop until they get frosted, so sad to take it all downImage

Sept 25th 2022
One of the reasons I don't to dahlias and cannas much anymore is because it was always so cold and wet trying to get them dug up, cleaned, and bagged in early November. I have ONE canna and now, maybe, TWO dahlia, but only the canna might get brought inside. Still thinking about each. I want LESS now to take in and out every year, so...
but what if you don't have to take them in and still get new ones in Spring? Would you like some then?
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:13 pm
brokensword wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:59 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:20 pm It's that time a year again, when I want to enjoy the blooms for as long as I can, but don't want to wait till it's bitter cold to prep the pond and garden for winter...so I will be pulling a few at a time.

My Marsh Marigold bloomed all season this year and it is still at it!... and of course impatient don't stop until they get frosted, so sad to take it all downImage

Sept 25th 2022
One of the reasons I don't to dahlias and cannas much anymore is because it was always so cold and wet trying to get them dug up, cleaned, and bagged in early November. I have ONE canna and now, maybe, TWO dahlia, but only the canna might get brought inside. Still thinking about each. I want LESS now to take in and out every year, so...
but what if you don't have to take them in and still get new ones in Spring? Would you like some then?
I'll consider it; used to be I had a whole row near the back windows for dahlias but not anymore. The two I have, one is in a pot, the other stuck in one of the few places I have left, just to see if it survived being in the basement (thought I'd killed it trying to keep it going, but apparently I did not!). I'll let you know. I'm sure mrsbrokensword would be appreciative! It's been HER buying them when we do our annual nursery run in the spring! Shhhh, don't you go a tattletallin' on me! She gets to pick plants but it's ME as has to find the space for them, don'tcha know!!

:beaming: :!: :o :cool:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

Sept 25th 2022
It's really looking lovely ... I used to let the plants go to the very end before I removed them.
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

SarahT wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 pm

Sept 25th 2022
It's really looking lovely ... I used to let the plants go to the very end before I removed them.
Good to see you made it through that awful storm :beaming:
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

j.w wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:41 pm

Sept 25th 2022
Good to see you made it through that awful storm :beaming:
Thank you. Those last few hours before the storm track turned away were scary. I don't think we've heard from @rubyduby yet. ...
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Sept 25th 2022
Thank you! I pulled all a couple of weeks ago
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Gemma wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:09 am

Sept 25th 2022
Still looks beautiful Gemma! I had a lot of Marsh Marigold in my swampy areas when I lived in the Adirondacks...They would bloom and look gorgeous for about two weeks and then lose the flowers...They multiplied like crazy and I was always disappointed to see the blooms go. What is your secret???
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

rubyduby wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:51 pm
Gemma wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:09 am

Still looks beautiful Gemma! I had a lot of Marsh Marigold in my swampy areas when I lived in the Adirondacks...They would bloom and look gorgeous for about two weeks and then lose the flowers...They multiplied like crazy and I was always disappointed to see the blooms go. What is your secret???
I'm not sure but it could be cause I prune it...I remove the spent flowers cause I don't want seedlings everywhere, but like I said I really don't know if that's why this year it grew so large and bloomed continuously
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond