3rd Round

rubyduby
Reactions:

3rd Round

Post by rubyduby »

Here are pics of my seven 8 month old shubunkins with their third round of babies! Be aware that they breed like rabbits!ImageImage
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: 3rd Round

Post by brokensword »

rubyduby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:24 pm Here are pics of my seven 8 month old shubunkins with their third round of babies! Be aware that they breed like rabbits!ImageImage
I blame it on the food you've been feeding, Ruby! Must be oyster included!! Or, remember, we TALKED about Barry White??

:cool:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

All my poor shubbies are gone. Wish they had bred in my pond.
Love all those beauties @rubyduby
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

j.w wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:47 pm All my poor shubbies are gone. Wish they had bred in my pond.
Too bad we are on opposite sides of the country...I would have loved to give you some :smileyhappy:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:47 pm All my poor shubbies are gone. Wish they had bred in my pond.
I thought you still had ONE left, no? Could have sworn that was the scuttlebutt! But yeah, road trip to Ruby's for some shubbies!! (Oh my, I rhymed! That's gonna get me a demerit from lil Queenie I betcha!!)

:shock: :o :lol: :-P :cool:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

rubyduby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:52 pm
Too bad we are on opposite sides of the country...I would have loved to give you some :smileyhappy:
haven't you been talking 'I need a vacation up in the PNW' this summer!' ? I don't think you need much more of an excuse than that and we'll be glad to set you up with some CAstle funds (right lil Queenie @j.w ???) to get a batch of shubbies out to the coast!

:D :o ;) :cool:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@brokensword lost the last Shubbie this Spring not too long ago. Tired of burying fish in the Spring. Not gonna get more fish just to see them die. Will keep the ones I got and see how it goes. Will try cleaning the pond better in the Fall and see if that helps.
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Well see that? I would have packed up and travelled a gazillion miles to the PNW only to find out that Queenie decided not to add to her menagerie...
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

rubyduby wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:24 pm Well see that? I would have packed up and travelled a gazillion miles to the PNW only to find out that Queenie decided not to add to her menagerie...
HA! Guess I'M not the only one seeing some royal bias going on!! A gazillion miles, lil Queenie, yes, that's what I heard! I think that's GOTTA deserve some extra time in the Royal Vault for Ruby, no? I mean, ya can't get more loyal than THAT, can ya???

:o :grin: :hysterical: :-P :cool: :roll:
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

I love my long fin Shubby (Blue), he is the oldest fish in my pond!
I bought it in 2008, along with another one that died last year. I love his colors and his fins

6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Gemma wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:44 pm I love my long fin Shubby (Blue), he is the oldest fish in my pond!
I bought it in 2008, along with another one that died last year. I love his colors and his fins

He's a beauty!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:27 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:44 pm I love my long fin Shubby (Blue), he is the oldest fish in my pond!

He's a beauty!
yep, he is. Someday, when I find decent shubbies nearby, I'm going to get a couple more for my pond as over the years, that's been the largest overwinter loss for me--the shubbies. Used to be, when I first started, had about 30 of them. Now, probably down to 4 adults and what looks like 5 or so small ones. Hard to tell them from the comet/shubbie crosses as when they get larger, the blue sometimes isn't there and they become white with black and red/oragne spotting. Kind of neat in their own way but like Ruby's shubbie, I like that coloration a lot!