brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: Watcha doing today?

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:46 am
brokensword wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:24 pm
j.w wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:21 pm

What do you mean? The whole book is strange! Something or someone is there in one place and then it's not or it's all of a sudden in a different place and where the heck is the right Lewis guy? Will she ever find him? Is there going to be love in the air or is this guy she likes real or what? Only the nose, knows what the nose knows..................that's what my B.I.L used to say :smrk:

When I clicked on getting to the chapter I was a bit worried at first that I may have gotten lost in the book store,lol! I like the new look, much classier and fits the theme! Keep up the good work............................and get back to your regular work too Mr Kingy Boy!

Someone has fed the koi in cold water and they now are constipated!
Your job is to give them all nice warm enema's :grin:
christmas-2photobucket.GIF

QAG-xmas-version.gif
heh, ya think? I might stand in line right behind them, if this weather system fulfills it's potential! That said, the air-twits tend to over hype that 'first' real winter storm. Too, it seem to take that first one to 'remind' us all here about 'how to drive in snow'!! So, best stay off until the idjits behind the wheel get to do their thing, end up hospitalized and off the road for the rest of us, ya know? 12F??? Geez, not that cold here yet! But yeah, I see it's coming. Whatever snow we get is gonna hang a bit here, too, though not a bad idea for the pond as all that snow will be like a blanket and cover the tent. Any snow that melts/slides, will fill in any open hole area I have at the ground, so will be watching my temp gages on the pond with interest! Take it easy with all that winter walking, though you seem to know how to do it/survive it!

snow angel Olaf from Frozen.gif
Love the snow angel guy!

Had a nice cold walk over to my friends house 3miles away carrying a big 12"x 12" wide and high and about 3 ft long box for her Christmas prezzie. It was Iggy the Iguauna. I knew she would love it as I have one and she always mentions she wants to get one. She does have a real Bearded Dragon lizard.

It's 18f here right now! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
ah, erm, ah...you mean, you gave a bearded dragon as a Christmas present (fake I hope)??? I hope it at least had some red and green elf costume on! Sheesh. The Annex there, in the GREAT PNW, sure has it's customs!

I hope she appreciates it! (and your lil trek to deliver it, too!). Hardy stock there, you two Royals, that's for sure. Makin' me think twice about lettin' you ride the Ridin' Koi without the training stirrups, just like you want to! And here I was so worriet 'boutcha!

:o :D :cool: :beaming:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:53 am
j.w wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:46 am
brokensword wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:24 pm

heh, ya think? I might stand in line right behind them, if this weather system fulfills it's potential! That said, the air-twits tend to over hype that 'first' real winter storm. Too, it seem to take that first one to 'remind' us all here about 'how to drive in snow'!! So, best stay off until the idjits behind the wheel get to do their thing, end up hospitalized and off the road for the rest of us, ya know? 12F??? Geez, not that cold here yet! But yeah, I see it's coming. Whatever snow we get is gonna hang a bit here, too, though not a bad idea for the pond as all that snow will be like a blanket and cover the tent. Any snow that melts/slides, will fill in any open hole area I have at the ground, so will be watching my temp gages on the pond with interest! Take it easy with all that winter walking, though you seem to know how to do it/survive it!

snow angel Olaf from Frozen.gif
Love the snow angel guy!

Had a nice cold walk over to my friends house 3miles away carrying a big 12"x 12" wide and high and about 3 ft long box for her Christmas prezzie. It was Iggy the Iguauna. I knew she would love it as I have one and she always mentions she wants to get one. She does have a real Bearded Dragon lizard.

It's 18f here right now! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
ah, erm, ah...you mean, you gave a bearded dragon as a Christmas present (fake I hope)??? I hope it at least had some red and green elf costume on! Sheesh. The Annex there, in the GREAT PNW, sure has it's customs!

I hope she appreciates it! (and your lil trek to deliver it, too!). Hardy stock there, you two Royals, that's for sure. Makin' me think twice about lettin' you ride the Ridin' Koi without the training stirrups, just like you want to! And here I was so worriet 'boutcha!

:o :D :cool: :beaming:
No it is not real! It is an Iguana statue 22" long. She has a live Bearded Dragon at her home tho. She loves all those reptiles. She used to have big snakes also but sold them or gave them away as she got tired of having to buy live mice or breed them for the snakes to eat.
She loved it and I made her open it while I was there. I have one just like it and she always wanted one just like mine.

So cold here now! Was 8f on my window temp thing! My footsies are freezing and I've bot the heater on full blast in my computer room! Next they are going to throw and ice storm our way and then loads of rain w/temps going up to 50f! Will make a fine mess out of things as all this snow will melt and too much rain and rivers will flood below us and we will be stuck up on our hill till the water subsides! This happens every now and then here.

Here's a guy rescuing a little mouse that was hanging on for dear life!

Actually looks like it could be a rat! Anyways it was let go on solid ground!

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

I was told by some Royal around here 'G'wan, you're botherin' me today! Scoot! Go play out side!' to which I gave her a frowny face but did as I was told. I figured I'd teach ol' Jack a new trick me and the Kristmas Kitty thought up. Here's lookin' atcha, @j.w !!
Sword-Twirly-dancing-in-snow-scene-with-pines+snowman-throw-snowballs.gif
Sword-Twirly-dancing-in-snow-scene-with-pines+snowman-throw-snowballs.gif (1.52 MiB) Viewed 352 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:34 pm I was told by some Royal around here 'G'wan, you're botherin' me today! Scoot! Go play out side!' to which I gave her a frowny face but did as I was told. I figured I'd teach ol' Jack a new trick me and the Kristmas Kitty thought up. Here's lookin' atcha, @j.w !!

Ha ha you missed me!
This one's gonna be for you!
big snowball 2.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:14 pm
brokensword wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:34 pm I was told by some Royal around here 'G'wan, you're botherin' me today! Scoot! Go play out side!' to which I gave her a frowny face but did as I was told. I figured I'd teach ol' Jack a new trick me and the Kristmas Kitty thought up. Here's lookin' atcha, @j.w !!

Ha ha you missed me!

big snowball 2.gif
ha! Hardly...oh, I been lookin' over the historical security cams and finally solved the mystery of 'what happened to lil Queenie's LAST In-Charge-of-Clearing-the-Snow person at the Annex!!!! Shame, shame yer maggaisty! And I'm not even sure it was just ONE, ya know!!! heh heh

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:14 pm

Ha ha you missed me!

big snowball 2.gif
my official response;
big-snowball-and-minion-tongue.gif
big-snowball-and-minion-tongue.gif (184.92 KiB) Viewed 348 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@brokensword Your KIngy Boy little tongue is going to stick to that ball of ice!
SnowBallFight13.gif
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@brokensword noticed new emblem for Pondlife on my clicky pinned tab just now. I like!
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Finished with chapter 30 @brokensword
Poor Brookie,she needs a honey!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:07 pm @brokensword noticed new emblem for Pondlife on my clicky pinned tab just now. I like!
very observant, @j.w ! I've been playin' a bit with the forum, tweaking to hopefully make it better. Took a lot longer to actually get that 'favicon' installed, despite numerous articles online about how to do it. If you didn't notice, I also increased the minimum font size too; can't imagine why the authors of this forum software would ever make font size=10 px a default! I tend to do a lot of forum-ing from the computer hooked up to the tv in my living room and geez, it sure gets hard to read. I had to routinely increase the zoom to do so and yet, other sites were just fine. Anyway, fixed those two issues and solved another unrelated to the forum but integral to my website. Just took a few phone calls and half a day of my time!

Still, glad you like! I had mrsBroken give me the thumbs up on 3 possible designs (for the favicon) and it seems simple was best as most of the time, the favicon is seen on the browser tab, which is pretty small. Btw, if royalty around here thinks of other 'issues', let me know and I'll see if I can find a fix. For the most part, seems as good as GPF if not better. I know the Imgur extension for pics certainly works easier! And I added the custom smilies (and can add more if there's a request for something we don't have but need!). Not so sure the 'lightbox' extension does much as when I use it, the pic from the post actually looks smaller to my eye and that wasn't the effect I thought would happen.

:beaming: :beaming: :cool:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:26 am
j.w wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:07 pm @brokensword noticed new emblem for Pondlife on my clicky pinned tab just now. I like!
very observant, @j.w ! I've been playin' a bit with the forum, tweaking to hopefully make it better. Took a lot longer to actually get that 'favicon' installed, despite numerous articles online about how to do it. If you didn't notice, I also increased the minimum font size too; can't imagine why the authors of this forum software would ever make font size=10 px a default! I tend to do a lot of forum-ing from the computer hooked up to the tv in my living room and geez, it sure gets hard to read. I had to routinely increase the zoom to do so and yet, other sites were just fine. Anyway, fixed those two issues and solved another unrelated to the forum but integral to my website. Just took a few phone calls and half a day of my time!

Still, glad you like! I had mrsBroken give me the thumbs up on 3 possible designs (for the favicon) and it seems simple was best as most of the time, the favicon is seen on the browser tab, which is pretty small. Btw, if royalty around here thinks of other 'issues', let me know and I'll see if I can find a fix. For the most part, seems as good as GPF if not better. I know the Imgur extension for pics certainly works easier! And I added the custom smilies (and can add more if there's a request for something we don't have but need!). Not so sure the 'lightbox' extension does much as when I use it, the pic from the post actually looks smaller to my eye and that wasn't the effect I thought would happen.

I'm no computer geek so half the time I don't even know what you are talking about...........like light box etc. I know font tho and it's always nice to have it big enough and bold enough and dark enough to actually see what you are reading and writing. On my tablet where I read your book I can tweak the size by using my fingers to spread it bigger which is very nice. If I do notice something tho I will let you know. I wish somehow we could reach the outside world to see this forum pop up when someone does a search for pond info. Wouldn't that be nice? It's nice that when it stays small like this that we all get to know each other but we could have a few more people. Guess that would cost us some bucks tho to get a title that would show up? I would be willing to put a few bucks in to see if it is possible, maybe others would to if it wasn't too pricey?
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:36 pm
brokensword wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:26 am

I'm no computer geek so half the time I don't even know what you are talking about...........like light box etc. I know font tho and it's always nice to have it big enough and bold enough and dark enough to actually see what you are reading and writing. On my tablet where I read your book I can tweak the size by using my fingers to spread it bigger which is very nice. If I do notice something tho I will let you know. I wish somehow we could reach the outside world to see this forum pop up when someone does a search for pond info. Wouldn't that be nice? It's nice that when it stays small like this that we all get to know each other but we could have a few more people. Guess that would cost us some bucks tho to get a title that would show up? I would be willing to put a few bucks in to see if it is possible, maybe others would to if it wasn't too pricey?
it COULD be that paying might get us more eyes but I'm not leaning that way. The other, better, is that the bots see activity and then, suggest more with searches. But, it's a catch-22; we have no large membership and therefore the 'activity' is only by a few, so the bots don't see much and we aren't suggested higher. I gave FB a try with little success, so I'm not thinking that next spring, I'll even be on FB anymore. Helps with my 'need' to help others but that gets few and far between as most are just there for the attention, imo. Which is fine, but you need some newbies to ask questions of the core group so everyone has a reason to keep on coming back. And I knew this when I started PondLife but figured I'd give it a try. And as you can see, pond stuff is as cold as the winter so very little to talk about and thus, the animated gifs action was born (ala last year at GPF); gave me interest, made the winter go by faster/easier, and there was humor involved. So, at least here, I can continue that, hey? It really would only take about 10 dedicated to a site, dedicated in that there's at least every other day posting/replying and it would be fine by me. I plan on giving this until late spring and then see if I want to continue. I enjoy the upkeep so that's not the issue. I think I check in about 3 times a day, so I have time, no issue.

Anyway, I really haven't gone into whether paying $$ would do much but maybe I'll research. Again, I'd rather not but some of this will be directly related to the writing side of my site and can be applied there, too. Got one more year in me then I'll be retiring, so plenty more time for whatever. I'm hoping it's sharing pond and writing info but we'll see. Guess my garden will be fully weed-free then, hey? I've taken only 1 vacation for more than 3 days in the whole 42 years I've been a landscaper, so gonna be different! MrsBroken is making plans...heh, we'll see--she's still got working years left so...

:roll: