How's the weather today?

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: How's the weather today?

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:10 am We might wake up to snow.............or we might not...........that is the question?
letitsnow1.gif
LOVE the gif; the idea? not so much...sheesh, it ain't even December yet, lil Queenie!!! We ALREADY had our 'surprise snow', don'tcha know? I know, I know, yer royal fetish for white stuff clogging all the kingdom. Sigh, I guess I best git that snowblower warmed up, huh?

Sheesh; it never ends around here...you BETTER be adding 'figgy pudding' to the Mopper/ChiefChef's @Gemma list!!!

grumble, mutter, silent curse...

:???: :loopy: :cheesyGrin: :!: :cool:

oh, Kitty wanted to play, so...
Cat-twirly.gif
Cat-twirly.gif (26.11 KiB) Viewed 418 times
[edit] heard about yer new lil trick, all from that security cam footage I posted re Thanksgiving; seems you bin lookin' in that durn spell book agin? We'll have to see about a lock fer dat ting. Video evidence coming soon...don't think yer off da hook so easy, Missy! We'll let the other royal subjects see EXACTLY what you bin up to when not messin' with the Godiva cabinet lock...

:roll: :beaming: :!: :cool:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

I didn't do it, whatever you post.............deny, deny, deny that is my motto and I'm stickin to it!

We got snow and it's building up. Only about an inch so far but better than nothing!

Pudding not allowed on Royal Grounds, yuck I dislike it immensely!
gross67.gif
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Another mild day...makes it hard to not think of doing yardwork...I want to go plant shopping!!! Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:34 pm Another mild day...makes it hard to not think of doing yardwork...I want to go plant shopping!!! Image
WELL! Tis clear who's in charge of snow-clearing in the GEMMA household...

:loopy: :cheesyGrin: :inverted:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Cold here for us! Will be in the 20's tomorrow morning and hope it warms up fast as we are going to cut firewood into rounds a few miles away and bring it home. Good thing we have a big trailer to put a lot in at a time. Will be doing this for many days as there is a ton of wood to cut that fell down on a guys property! Huge Maple trees!
treesmiles2.gif
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Got a little bit of snow to make it pretty out there but not enough for me!

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:12 pm Got a little bit of snow to make it pretty out there but not enough for me!

want us minions to lug up your special winter muk luks fer ya, yer Royalness? I mean, in anticipation of that 'not enough for me' thang, ya know? Looks just fine, though! Around here, we had that bit of dusting too but it's heading into the end of the week and they're forecasting horrible, blizzard like weather! Gonna be our first this year! Thing is, me and mresBroken were supposed to go Christmas light watching at this display up the road but if this weather hits, we be a sittin', fer sure! Went out one year in same weather and not only did I slide through a red light, we got stopped in traffic, on a hill, had to find an alt route back home and it was a miserable experience. So, not going to tempt that kind of experience again, nope! And, I play hockey early Saturday morning, which is supposed to ALSO be miserable and so, i may not tempt that either. But, still a ways off and not like the weather-idjits are that accurate, so maybe it will fizzle out or shift forward. We'll see. Not looking forward to it, supposed to get 5-8", but it's the temp shifting from 30s to 20s that will provide all the excitement (for sure, we'll have icy roads and doesn't matter if you have 4WD or even front wheel drive). This is gonna be more like January, NOT December, so makes me wonder at what's to come, ya know? At least mrsBroken is off the end of the week, so no worry there for her!

:beaming: :!: :roll: ;) :o :shock:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:08 am
j.w wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:12 pm Got a little bit of snow to make it pretty out there but not enough for me!

want us minions to lug up your special winter muk luks fer ya, yer Royalness? I mean, in anticipation of that 'not enough for me' thang, ya know? Looks just fine, though! Around here, we had that bit of dusting too but it's heading into the end of the week and they're forecasting horrible, blizzard like weather! Gonna be our first this year! Thing is, me and mresBroken were supposed to go Christmas light watching at this display up the road but if this weather hits, we be a sittin', fer sure! Went out one year in same weather and not only did I slide through a red light, we got stopped in traffic, on a hill, had to find an alt route back home and it was a miserable experience. So, not going to tempt that kind of experience again, nope! And, I play hockey early Saturday morning, which is supposed to ALSO be miserable and so, i may not tempt that either. But, still a ways off and not like the weather-idjits are that accurate, so maybe it will fizzle out or shift forward. We'll see. Not looking forward to it, supposed to get 5-8", but it's the temp shifting from 30s to 20s that will provide all the excitement (for sure, we'll have icy roads and doesn't matter if you have 4WD or even front wheel drive). This is gonna be more like January, NOT December, so makes me wonder at what's to come, ya know? At least mrsBroken is off the end of the week, so no worry there for her!

:beaming: :!: :roll: ;) :o :shock:
Hope it does not get as bad as they say for ya! Maybe you will be able to get all your fun stuff done.............who knows?
We got a pretty good dumping of the white stuff during the night and this morning. A few inches anyways! Love it!

We will be heading out on our cold 20 some degree walk soon!
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:08 pm

I'm always amazed that your palm survives...looks nice, better than brown grass and leafless trees, that's for sure. So far for me, no change and the closer it gets, the smarter those weather-idjits are, you know!! It ain't gonna be pretty, I'm betting...

Make sure you're both snuggled up under hats and scarves, nice thick gloves and boots that have some sort of insulation inside and you'll prob be fine! Maybe just yer royal noses might get a wee bit chilled but well, they'll thaw, dontcha worry!

Fun stuff would have been the hockey but looks like maybe there isn't any scheduled for the holiday weekend as I once thought, so...we can see lights anytime (cost us some $$ for this but well, you can't ever tell what the weather is going to be when you have to sign up a month ahead, you know? And, no refunds...of course. Sheesh).
Cat-twirly-Xmas.gif
Cat-twirly-Xmas.gif (32.25 KiB) Viewed 383 times
stXmas.gif
stXmas.gif (25.79 KiB) Viewed 383 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:38 pm
I'm always amazed that your palm survives...looks nice, better than brown grass and leafless trees, that's for sure. So far for me, no change and the closer it gets, the smarter those weather-idjits are, you know!! It ain't gonna be pretty, I'm betting...

Make sure you're both snuggled up under hats and scarves, nice thick gloves and boots that have some sort of insulation inside and you'll prob be fine! Maybe just yer royal noses might get a wee bit chilled but well, they'll thaw, dontcha worry!

Fun stuff would have been the hockey but looks like maybe there isn't any scheduled for the holiday weekend as I once thought, so...we can see lights anytime (cost us some $$ for this but well, you can't ever tell what the weather is going to be when you have to sign up a month ahead, you know? And, no refunds...of course. Sheesh).

Cat-twirly-Xmas.gifstXmas.gif
I went out and knocked the snow off of the palm as don't like the fronds to get heavy and start sagging. I love that tree!
Still has all the snow on it here:

We got 4" of snow! Went out and measured it after I took this photo of my foot next to it.
Sun came out and it stopped snowing. Still only in the 20's but did not feel that cold while we were walking. I dress in layers and carry my backpack so I can rip stuff off it I get too hot. Didn't take anything off except my hood that I had over my stocking cap and untied my scarf.

Our hood:

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:31 pm
brokensword wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:38 pm

Cat-twirly-Xmas.gifstXmas.gif
I went out and knocked the snow off of the palm as don't like the fronds to get heavy and start sagging. I love that tree!
Still has all the snow on it here:

We got 4" of snow! Went out and measured it after I took this photo of my foot next to it.
Sun came out and it stopped snowing. Still only in the 20's but did not feel that cold while we were walking. I dress in layers and carry my backpack so I can rip stuff off it I get too hot. Didn't take anything off except my hood that I had over my stocking cap and untied my scarf.

Our hood:

your 'hood' looks real nice, sorta like a country snow post card! 4" isn't bad. Do you expect it'll melt anytime soon? A nice tranquil scene, for sure, j.w!

:!: :beaming:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@brokensword it will be gone in a couple days as Temps rising to high 40's. I will miss it.