How's the weather today?

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
SarahT
Reactions:

Re: How's the weather today?

Post by SarahT »

brokensword wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:52 pm
SarahT wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:03 pm "Cooled down" here to 89 today. Sun in the morning, now (6pm) thunder, lightning, gusty wind, and rain. My rain gauge says 3/4" in the past hour.
I think we had Fla weather today, though without the rain (so far; due tomorrow/Monday) but we definitely had the heat and humidity! Wasn't as bad as you had, Sarah, but close! Does the weather ever get nice there? Like in the low 70s even 60s? I doubt you ever lose your humidity, though, right?

Hope you kept cool and safe from the storm! Are you in any sort of hurricane path?

Yikes! Need j.w and a hurricane gif right about now...

:roll: :-l
So, far, no hurricanes. Yeah! Thanks for asking.
Many of the Florida pop-up afternoon storms are around us, a mile or two away, and I don't always get rain from them, just thunder, lightning and "don't go in the pool/pond/outside". I'm new enough here, I don't know all the in's and out's of local weather patterns. But, the Dry Season (starts vaguely Nov-Dec and lasts into April), is gorgeous. I don't post the sunny, low humidity 70's weather in those months so you guys don't get too depressed about Northern Winter month after month. I lived in Chicagoland for many years and found the winter braying and bragging of colleagues in warmer climes to be a bit much. I don't miss snow!
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

j.w wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:17 pm Hope none of this stuff coming your way @SarahT

Hurricane3.gif

Only got up into the high 60's today here w/not much sunshine, just dark clouds floating by.

Clouds today1.gif
Thanks for the H-cane gif. With any luck, that's all the hurricane I'll get this year.
High 60's is "winter weather" here, and the native Floridians bring out their down parkas (think I'm kidding? not!).
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

We have been very lucky here in Sarasota due to our placement on the peninsula...Hopefully that will continue to be the case...I lived through the after effects of hurricane HUGO on St. Croix and don't want to experience anything like that again...Seems nowhere is safe from natural disaster..When I lived up in the Adirondacks of NY we had an ice storm that took out power for many weeks and caused horrendous damage to the trees..Sounded like cannons going off...It took us years to clean up the devastation to our property...160 acres looked like a pile of pick-up sticks...
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Cooler here today and sun was out but gone now. Wondering if we will get showers? Hope not as going over to get more firewood to cut up and stack in our woodsheds for winter.
Sun behind clouds.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

cloudy all day, 70s, not bad for working outside, not great for any pond-sitting, though. Still, it's September and I don't expect much else. Supposed to be warmer the rest of the week-ish.
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Mid 70's here predicted for today. Love those 70 temps!
Couldn't get on here yesterday. Kept saying try again but I gave up.
sun nose fishes.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:06 pm Mid 70's here predicted for today. Love those 70 temps!
Couldn't get on here yesterday. Kept saying try again but I gave up.

sun nose fishes.gif
glad you got the 'good' weather!

Yeah, the server had issues with everyones websites; go figure!
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

No hurricane! Just rain, some thunder, occasional high winds, flood watch, and the pond was topped off from yesterday's 1.5" of rain. All is wet, but well.
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Sunny, nice day today and 80 predicted. Tomorrow they say 90............yikes again w/the hot that we don't usually get so much of! Some smoke coming around now from fires. Not good to breath out there if it gets too bad.
man sun.gif
Forest fire.gif
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

It's hot today but not too bad!
wildfires make me so sad...poor plants...poor wildlife Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Wildfires horrid today. Smoke is coming from Packwood a town near Mt Rainier. Took these shots wearing an N-95 mask. Unreal! Not going out there today unless this clears up a lot!

j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

We might wake up to snow.............or we might not...........that is the question?
letitsnow1.gif