6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: How's the weather today?

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:31 pm Nice sunny day here! Image Image
sunny, aye, but a bit on the warm side roundabouts here! But, tis August, I don't expect much different.
sun waving.gif
sun waving.gif (280.33 KiB) Viewed 424 times
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Nice and hot at 84 right now and I'm getting used to this heat I think!
hot sun3.gif
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Yesterday evening Image a storm knocked down trees and powerlines around here, they said the power isn't expected to be back on until Thursday.... I'm
so grateful we have a generator
Today is much cooler, pleasantly breeze and a beautiful dayImage
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:52 pm Yesterday evening Image a storm knocked down trees and powerlines around here, they said the power isn't expected to be back on until Thursday.... I'm
started out pretty cloudy for me, then sun peeked out, then clouds came back, but yeah, mid 70s is NICE! We had a bit of rain but no power loss (crossing fingers) for a change! Just one smaller branch came down, so guessing we missed most of the storm action!

:grin:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@Gemma are you and the Sword both in Michigan? I know he is.

We are super hot here at almost 90 so far. Tomorrow they say big dry lightening storms. Hope no fires or strikes that get us happen! Glad you have a generator, us too!
I don't mind a good show tho!
sundance.gif
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:53 pm
Gemma wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:52 pm Yesterday evening Image a storm knocked down trees and powerlines around here, they said the power isn't expected to be back on until Thursday.... I'm
started out pretty cloudy for me, then sun peeked out, then clouds came back, but yeah, mid 70s is NICE! We had a bit of rain but no power loss (crossing fingers) for a change! Just one smaller branch came down, so guessing we missed most of the storm action!

:grin:
I'm glad!
According to the All Hazards Radio, we too only got the edge of the storm, so I can just imagine the damage it might have caused where it hit full force
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

j.w wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:35 pm @Gemma are you and the Sword both in Michigan? I know he is.

We are super hot here at almost 90 so far. Tomorrow they say big dry lightening storms. Hope no fires or strikes that get us happen! Glad you have a generator, us too!

sundance.gif
Yes, we are both in Michigan! :cheesyGrin:

I sure feel sorry for you in the 90sImage
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:35 pm @Gemma are you and the Sword both in Michigan? I know he is.

sundance.gif
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:25 pm

sundance.gif
Oh boy hope it is that scary...............love it! :queen:
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:30 pm
brokensword wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:25 pm

sundance.gif
Oh boy hope it is that scary...............love it! :queen:
I can tell from your response, you just have NOT had power loss that often. Sheesh. Can't say I ever wish for storms much, anymore. I probably jinxed myself in that last post by even MENTIONING we didn't lose power this last time...sigh; gets old when you lose it 8 or so times a year and for minimum a day, often two. They HAVE been cutting a lot of trees in the area...you'd think that eventually they'd get to the problematic ones. Eventually. Problem is, a lot of people around here have lots of trees reaching and towering over the power lines. Cutting them all back 10' to either side supposedly helps, but with a decent wind, what's left can be dragged across lines that are lower. Did I mention that last summer, we had a line come down? Was sizzling in the yard, freaking myself and mrsbrokensword all to a tizzy. Figured the fire was going to for sure ignite nearby trees...feel blessed it did NOT! Still, lost power, well pump (barely 7 months old!) got fried...a bunch of light bulbs burst in the house, didn't lose the computers or tv, though, so again, was blessed.

Yeah, you can keep all that lightning and stormy stuff out by you. Good luck!

:razz:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Didn't get one darn bolt of lightening! Not even a hint of anything storm wise. Nothing but more sun and warm temps. We used to have more power outages here when we first moved into this house 22 yrs ago. Have been w/o power for over a week at a time and that was when all we had was a tiny little generator that we had to switch from one appliance to the other to use them. Now we have the big gen that can run it all. Only ever lost one dimmer switch on a pole lamp. We hardly ever get any storms to talk about here now. Boring! I do remember what it was like tho living in Michigan for the two yrs we were there. Now there were some scary storms way back then!
I do feel for ya Kingy Boy :cool: