Yellow Bellied Slider

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
rubyduby
Reactions:

Re: Yellow Bellied Slider

Post by rubyduby »

j.w wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:08 pm Yep @rubyduby the whole world was tuned in watching to see what that storm was doing to you guys! Glad you made it through and all is good now. A foot of debris is a ton and lots of work to get it out for you. Sounds like the pond is all doing fine now too. No more storms for you, hopefully! We could use a few raindrops here tho, have had nothing for ages and don't see any in the near future which is unheard of here.
Thanks j.w....I seem to remember that every time I checked in to this site you said it was raining there...now nothing? One extreme to the other...hope you are feeling a lot better today:)
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

rubyduby wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:49 pm
j.w wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:08 pm Yep @rubyduby the whole world was tuned in watching to see what that storm was doing to you guys! Glad you made it through and all is good now. A foot of debris is a ton and lots of work to get it out for you. Sounds like the pond is all doing fine now too. No more storms for you, hopefully! We could use a few raindrops here tho, have had nothing for ages and don't see any in the near future which is unheard of here.
Thanks j.w....I seem to remember that every time I checked in to this site you said it was raining there...now nothing? One extreme to the other...hope you are feeling a lot better today:)
No rain in sight here, just lots of smoke w/the sun trying to shine. Wish the smoke would go away and they could put out that darn fire here that has been burning for so long.
Yes I am feeling right back to normal now. Even ate a cup of chocolate covered almonds for desert and a bowl of hubby's delicious beans and ham-hock soup! No gut issues so time to go on a road trip to Yakima on Wednesday to the east side of our state to pick Honey Crisp delicious apples off the ground for her piggies to eat. We will fill the back of her pickup w/them and even get some good ones for us to take home and store. The town is 3& 1/2 hrs away so it's a long trip for one day there and back!
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

j.w wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:11 pm
rubyduby wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:49 pm
No rain in sight here, just lots of smoke w/the sun trying to shine. Wish the smoke would go away and they could put out that darn fire here that has been burning for so long.
Yes I am feeling right back to normal now. Even ate a cup of chocolate covered almonds for desert and a bowl of hubby's delicious beans and ham-hock soup! No gut issues so time to go on a road trip to Yakima on Wednesday to the east side of our state to pick Honey Crisp delicious apples off the ground for her piggies to eat. We will fill the back of her pickup w/them and even get some good ones for us to take home and store. The town is 3& 1/2 hrs away so it's a long trip for one day there and back!
3 and a half hours?..You're a good friend...Great news about you being back to normal..I know that wasn't fun:( I used to feed my pigs apples when I lived in Nova Scotia...We also butchered our own and put up everything...I could never do that now but we were raising a family and living off the land so it was more of a necessity...I can't even kill an ant intentionally anymore..I find myself taking the smallest of insect outside when found in the house...even spiders (as long as we are not talking wolf spiders:)
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

@rubyduby yep it was a long ride there and a long ride back! We talked the whole time and Juan sat in the back seat of the truck on his phone the whole time. I could never kill anything either. Never live the farm life so didn't have to do it way back when either.
Jessie has a farm up the road from me, 15 acres I believe w/all kinds of animals she raises for food and others that are pets. She doesn't like the killing of them but knows if she wants the good foods for cheaper then that's what she must do. She cried her eyes out when her bull was killed and butchered not long ago. She doesn't butcher them herself tho.
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

j.w wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 pm @rubyduby yep it was a long ride there and a long ride back! We talked the whole time and Juan sat in the back seat of the truck on his phone the whole time. I could never kill anything either. Never live the farm life so didn't have to do it way back when either.
Jessie has a farm up the road from me, 15 acres I believe w/all kinds of animals she raises for food and others that are pets. She doesn't like the killing of them but knows if she wants the good foods for cheaper then that's what she must do. She cried her eyes out when her bull was killed and butchered not long ago. She doesn't butcher them herself tho.
She sounds like me when I was younger...Never easy to put animals up for food...Now I even wonder what the hens go through every time they lay eggs and expect to have chicks but we take them away...