Watcha doing today?

a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
Gemma
Reactions:

Re: Watcha doing today?

Post by Gemma »

The biggest issue I'm having with the puppy, is its size.
When I decided to get a dog, I wanted a small size dog and I purposely searched with that in mind... he was sold to me as a "miniature" yet at 3 mos he was already tall enough to stand on the kitchen counter and picking him up is already a challenge at 4 mos (Feb 10th) so bathing and grooming him won't be something I'll be able to do on my own...etc.

He does have good days here and there and I want to believe that's the dog he will be when he matures :-P
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

j.w wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:53 pm
brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:45 pm in the middle of installing my own DIY range hood exhaust. Had mini accident while building the duct unit that will go in the attic over the stove area (drill bit broke, slipped, bit into a finger -ouchy!- and getting better) otherwise would have finished it last week. Today, have to see exactly how much space/room I have to run the duct out to the soffit; whether I can stick with 10" duct or have to divide into two lines of 6" each. Hate working in the attic with all that glass wool insulation, esp when the temp is hovering at 40F and the area I need to access is narrowing to a point! But, it'll get done.
Ouch be careful Kingy Boy, we need you to keep up w/chores around the castle ya know? Get better and then get back to work :queen:
Ye gads, I'm getting old. I read "CATTLE" instead of "castle", but of course agreed anyway: we need you around. Castle, cattle, bustling around in attic crawl spaces.
My kitchen guy has vowed that after he finishes my kitchen (we're on schedule and on budget), he'll swear off working in my low slung ranch-style house's attic crawl space (nah - empty threat.)
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

SarahT wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:37 pm
j.w wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:53 pm
brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:45 pm in the middle of installing my own DIY range hood exhaust. Had mini accident while building the duct unit that will go in the attic over the stove area (drill bit broke, slipped, bit into a finger -ouchy!- and getting better) otherwise would have finished it last week. Today, have to see exactly how much space/room I have to run the duct out to the soffit; whether I can stick with 10" duct or have to divide into two lines of 6" each. Hate working in the attic with all that glass wool insulation, esp when the temp is hovering at 40F and the area I need to access is narrowing to a point! But, it'll get done.
Ouch be careful Kingy Boy, we need you to keep up w/chores around the castle ya know? Get better and then get back to work :queen:
Ye gads, I'm getting old. I read "CATTLE" instead of "castle", but of course agreed anyway: we need you around. Castle, cattle, bustling around in attic crawl spaces.
My kitchen guy has vowed that after he finishes my kitchen (we're on schedule and on budget), he'll swear off working in my low slung ranch-style house's attic crawl space (nah - empty threat.)
Been busy with helping my daughter move but checked in and saw these posts about working in the attic...Brutal...I HATE anything that involves fiberglass insulation...Hope you powdered up Brokensword!
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
rubyduby
Reactions:

Post by rubyduby »

Gemma wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:13 pm The biggest issue I'm having with the puppy, is its size.
When I decided to get a dog, I wanted a small size dog and I purposely searched with that in mind... he was sold to me as a "miniature" yet at 3 mos he was already tall enough to stand on the kitchen counter and picking him up is already a challenge at 4 mos (Feb 10th) so bathing and grooming him won't be something I'll be able to do on my own...etc.

He does have good days here and there and I want to believe that's the dog he will be when he matures :-P
If I am correct I remember that you acquired a mini aussie puppy and if that is the case you do have your work cut out for you considering what they were bred for (herding) I have had herding dogs in the past but used them in search work so they were exercised daily which is a must. I am suprised I dont have a rotator cuff injury from throwing the tennis ball so many times:) Have you considered working him/her? (Australian shepherd right?, not cattle dog)
900 gallons, 30" deep, BioFalls and skimmer, 25 Shubunkin Goldfish
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

rubyduby wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:04 pm
Gemma wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:13 pm The biggest issue I'm having with the puppy, is its size.

If I am correct I remember that you acquired a mini aussie puppy and if that is the case you do have your work cut out for you considering what they were bred for (herding) I have had herding dogs in the past but used them in search work so they were exercised daily which is a must. I am suprised I dont have a rotator cuff injury from throwing the tennis ball so many times:) Have you considered working him/her? (Australian shepherd right?, not cattle dog)
ah, Ruby? You mean as in herding hubby? The chickens? WOT do you want the lil pup to herd???? Right now, seems to doing a good job with Gemma, hey? heh heh

:roll: :-P
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Keep up the good work puppy............signed :kitty:
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

rubyduby wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:04 pm

Yes he is an Australia Shepperd :)
Right now I'm working with him to teach him the basics, I'm not sure what "job" I can give him after that...we play fetch but although he mastered the practice he gives up after a throw or two..he is on the calm mellow side and much rather chew sticks or walk around with a lava rock in his mouth :cheesyGrin:
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm much rather chew sticks or walk around with a lava rock in his mouth :cheesyGrin:
SEE????? Just like hubby, hey?

:beaming: :beaming: :beaming:
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

brokensword wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:47 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm much rather chew sticks or walk around with a lava rock in his mouth :cheesyGrin:

Lol yup! I know how to pick'em huh?Image
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:36 pm
brokensword wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:47 pm

Lol yup! I know how to pick'em huh?Image
now, why does the image of lil pup chewing a lava rock and hubby a stick both out in the yard, seem so cute??? All the while being observed by someone just a-shakin' their head...I know, silly me...everyday life now at the Gemma Ranch and Hot Spa, hey?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :roll: :cool: :!: ;) :cheesyGrin:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Calm puppy and calm hubby both good!

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:54 pm Calm puppy and calm hubby both good!

nice ta see you earnin' yer keep again, yer Royalness!!

:o :-P