Welcome

j.w
Reactions:

Re: Welcome

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:49 am
j.w wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:59 am
brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:01 am

Shhhh, am busy right now, WORKIN'!!! Sheesh! Ain't ya bin down to the moat lately???? We gots ourselves a calamity, yessirreee we do! I blame this on the crocs you added. So now, you gots more than THEM to worry about, methinks!!!

You mean boozey not busy right? 8-)

Looks like the crockee got away from da big fishy tho :smrk:
I wouldn't make THAT assumption, Missy; Ah'm afrid ta go down ta de end of de moat ta find out! Could be that next choco delivery might be more dangerous fer you dan you tink!

G'wan, get out yer lil pea shooter -- you'd gonna need it, ah'm bettin'!
I ain't afraid of my faithful crock friends! They are my lookout buddies and I give them a special blend of unfaithful squires that don't hold up to their workloads! They are getting tired of your no meat diets
crock eating.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:45 pm
j.w wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:59 am

You mean boozey not busy right? 8-)

Looks like the crockee got away from da big fishy tho :smrk:
I wouldn't make THAT assumption, Missy; Ah'm afrid ta go down ta de end of de moat ta find out! Could be that next choco delivery might be more dangerous fer you dan you tink!

I ain't afraid of my faithful crock friends! They are my lookout buddies and I give them a special blend of unfaithful squires that don't hold up to their workloads! They are getting tired of your no meat diets crock eating.gif
careful--I'll intro them to pineapple on pizza and you'll NEVER get them back!! heh heh . One wonders what the Royal workload looks like, I mean, BESIDES yellin' at faithful serfs, Godiva-totin' peons, and overworked squires!! Ain't seen no b*tchin' at the new cook, or the old one, for that matter!!! Besides, them crocs are vegan -- I asked --so don't go slanderin' the help!!

snicker snicker!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :roll: :cool: :!:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:49 pm

I ain't afraid of my faithful crock friends! They are my lookout buddies and I give them a special blend of unfaithful squires that don't hold up to their workloads! They are getting tired of your no meat diets crock eating.gif
careful--I'll intro them to pineapple on pizza and you'll NEVER get them back!! heh heh . One wonders what the Royal workload looks like, I mean, BESIDES yellin' at faithful serfs, Godiva-totin' peons, and overworked squires!! Ain't seen no b*tchin' at the new cook, or the old one, for that matter!!! Besides, them crocs are vegan -- I asked --so don't go slanderin' the help!!

snicker snicker!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :roll: :cool: :!:
EEE GADS, no wonder they look like this now..........they are starving for a nice thick serf, squire or kingy boy steak! And do you really think I am surprised that you don't know what the workload around this castle compiles of?
crock34.gif
Aidokime
Reactions:

Post by Aidokime »

j.w wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:19 pm
Aidokime wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:48 pm Well...
I can make boozy cupcakes, or paint pretty pictures. Just don't ask me to do housework, or have an attention span longer than a goldfish.
Currently rewatching Atlantis, making plans for the convention in the fall, and giving a printed/bound version of the long fanfic to one of the lead actors at the con, and telling him 'This. This is your fault. And I'm sorry I didn't see it 15 years ago when you were still making it.' (He's still looking good, so it will probably be more like 'This is yourfault, you were awesome, can you sign the copy I printed for myself?')
Man, I wish I'd gone to Vancouver when I graduated. :)
Anyway. When I get time, I'll read some stuff.
As far as adopting a pond-- I could paint a picture of one, and then I'll have a pond of my own.
Boozy cupcakes sounds great but I would think the baking would take out @brokensword 's mood enhancer or if not it would act as a brain depressant for him and we definitely don't need him losing anymore brain cells. He needs to use them for adding all those big words in his books that I keep having to look up to see what they mean :roll:

We'll just add more labor to his tasks. No one around here wants to do any work. You mention the word and out surfaces Maynard G. Krebs!

work.jpg

Neat you going to that convention and seeing one of your mentor's.

I think you will find this book that @brokensword wrote a fun read! I am really enjoying it and am almost done.

Neat pond painting and love the castle :queen:
Eh, not so much 'mentor', as 'Good looking actor who managed to do an alternate universe portrayal of the same character and make a good chunk of the fanbase want to maybe hug him a little more.' He did want to continue the series-- got the backers to keep producing the show, and the studio declared bankruptcy, so they would've had to go back and re-negotiate with the backers, and it was just a huge mess. I think we all love him a little for trying.
I need a few more braincells to live, because I haven't written in a week and a half, and I really need this story to keep going.
But sick, and work, and... yeah.
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

Aidokime wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:31 am
Aidokime wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:48 pm Well...
I can make boozy cupcakes, or paint pretty pictures. Just don't ask me to do housework, or have an attention span longer than a goldfish.
Currently rewatching Atlantis, making plans for the convention in the fall, and giving a printed/bound version of the long fanfic to one of the lead actors at the con, and telling him 'This. This is your fault. And I'm sorry I didn't see it 15 years ago when you were still making it.' (He's still looking good, so it will probably be more like 'This is yourfault, you were awesome, can you sign the copy I printed for myself?')
Man, I wish I'd gone to Vancouver when I graduated. :)
Anyway. When I get time, I'll read some stuff.
As far as adopting a pond-- I could paint a picture of one, and then I'll have a pond of my own.
Boozy cupcakes sounds great but I would think the baking would take out @brokensword 's mood enhancer or if not it would act as a brain depressant for him and we definitely don't need him losing anymore brain cells. He needs to use them for adding all those big words in his books that I keep having to look up to see what they mean :roll:

We'll just add more labor to his tasks. No one around here wants to do any work. You mention the word and out surfaces Maynard G. Krebs!

work.jpg

I think you will find this book that @brokensword wrote a fun read! I am really enjoying it and am almost done.

Eh, not so much 'mentor', as 'Good looking actor who managed to do an alternate universe portrayal of the same character and make a good chunk of the fanbase want to maybe hug him a little more.' He did want to continue the series-- got the backers to keep producing the show, and the studio declared bankruptcy, so they would've had to go back and re-negotiate with the backers, and it was just a huge mess. I think we all love him a little for trying.
I need a few more braincells to live, because I haven't written in a week and a half, and I really need this story to keep going.
Ah ok he's a nice piece of work to enjoy and watch in the show. Sorry it all didn't turn out so good for him. Maybe the future will be brighter ahead w/all his fans backing him up.

Hope you grab some good vibes to ingest into your soul so you can keep spitting out some good words for your stories. And you are sick now too? Hope you feel better soon
--MyOwn World-GetWell .GIF
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:47 pm

work.jpg

Ah ok he's a nice piece of work to enjoy and watch in the show. Sorry it all didn't turn out so good for him. Maybe the future will be brighter ahead w/all his fans backing him up.

Hope you grab some good vibes to ingest into your soul so you can keep spitting out some good words for your stories. And you are sick now too? Hope you feel better soon --MyOwn World-GetWell .GIF
you DO know, right, that when you keep postin' all these selfies, I have to scrub the castle walls more often cuz of the graffiti, yes? Sheesh, more and more work around this joint...

IMO, it'll be a while before they produce any 'good' on a consistent basis, entertainment anymore. The woke crowd is still in charge in Hollyweird, and until they're replaced with good story tellers instead of their activism, it'll be more of the same no matter what the fans say/backup. Tooooo many franchises have been destroyed all because these people know if they do some thing original and put their message in, it'll flop even worse than it does. They suck the fandom of a tried and true IP in then destroy the characters, ignore/warp the cannon, and are actively trying to groom you into their way the world should be/look. Let's do a current head count of destroyed franchises; Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, James Bond, Terminator series of movies, the latest incarnation of ALL the Marvel characters/movies, Lord of the Rings (blasphemy with this one!), the Witcher (a book/game series they managed to annihilate) and now recently, Scooby Doo. I'm sure there's more and many of the 'new/modern' stuff that started in 2016 or so had great first seasons only to nosedive in the susequent year(s) as woke writing took over.

Okay, mini-rant over but it's been a long 6 years since this started. Good thing I can still enjoy the old stuff, until they start 'changing' that so it 'looks like it's supposed to'!! Ha, this can't end soon enough for my taste!

:cool: :roll:
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

snicker snicker!

Hello, Royal People. You'll be happy to know that, recently, for my most recent birthday, I received, from my kitchen contractor crew, Godiva and pizza (NO pineapple!) and neither a croc nor an alligator. A+ crew of working stiffs, eh? (I don't yell at them.)
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

SarahT wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:25 am

snicker snicker!

Hello, Royal People. You'll be happy to know that, recently, for my most recent birthday, I received, from my kitchen contractor crew, Godiva and pizza (NO pineapple!) and neither a croc nor an alligator. A+ crew of working stiffs, eh? (I don't yell at them.)
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Cake and candles for everyone!

ooooohhhhh, I think I see @j.w 's replacement on the horizon! No yellin' huh? How novel!

We WILL hafta talk 'bout that pineapple thing, tho....

heh heh

:roll: :beaming: :!: :cool:
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:29 pm

Hope you grab some good vibes to ingest into your soul so you can keep spitting out some good words for your stories. And you are sick now too? Hope you feel better soon --MyOwn World-GetWell .GIF
you DO know, right, that when you keep postin' all these selfies, I have to scrub the castle walls more often cuz of the graffiti, yes? Sheesh, more and more work around this joint...

IMO, it'll be a while before they produce any 'good' on a consistent basis, entertainment anymore. The woke crowd is still in charge in Hollyweird, and until they're replaced with good story tellers instead of their activism, it'll be more of the same no matter what the fans say/backup. Tooooo many franchises have been destroyed all because these people know if they do some thing original and put their message in, it'll flop even worse than it does. They suck the fandom of a tried and true IP in then destroy the characters, ignore/warp the cannon, and are actively trying to groom you into their way the world should be/look. Let's do a current head count of destroyed franchises; Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, James Bond, Terminator series of movies, the latest incarnation of ALL the Marvel characters/movies, Lord of the Rings (blasphemy with this one!), the Witcher (a book/game series they managed to annihilate) and now recently, Scooby Doo. I'm sure there's more and many of the 'new/modern' stuff that started in 2016 or so had great first seasons only to nosedive in the susequent year(s) as woke writing took over.

Okay, mini-rant over but it's been a long 6 years since this started. Good thing I can still enjoy the old stuff, until they start 'changing' that so it 'looks like it's supposed to'!! Ha, this can't end soon enough for my taste!

Ah yes Mr Kingy boy I do agree w/you on all that woke stuff but not the graffiti! I can't watch a show at all now w/o all that crap sneaking in.

That's not hate graffiti it's love stuff! They all love me so much they just can't stop lettin me know all round the royal grounds! You just can't see it past your gloom and doom shady glasses. We gotta get you some rose colored ones!
output-onlinegiftools.gif
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

snicker snicker!

Belated b-day 2.gif
I hope not 8-)
Wow such a smart crew of people (sorry no gators or crocks) getting you all that fancy good stuff to chow on and being wise enough to not put any of that PewApple stuff on it! Nice they don't scream at ya like a certain Kingy Boy I know :roll:
He likes to think of all his rantings as suggestions.............. :smrk:
pointingcrazyguy9.gif
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:33 pm

snicker snicker!

He likes to think of all his rantings as suggestions.............. :smrk: pointingcrazyguy9.gif
weeeellllll, I have to -- SOMEONE trashed the LAST suggestion box one of the Kingdom's dutiful minions put up outside yer widdle bedchamber. SOMEONE got the WRONG idea why it was put outside THAT room, I daresay! Sheesh!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Aidokime
Reactions:

Post by Aidokime »

brokensword wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:29 pm

From what I gathered in a short conversation with an actor at the last con: In order to write for TV/get a pilot approved, you have to work in the studios and crap, and years of working under the people who're writing right now, and I just... it was supposed to be encouraging, when we were talking, but right now, I doubt my stuff would ever see the light of day. And yeah, there's a lot of wokeness out there. The show I'm doing my writing for had some really good writing for the first 4 seasons, then kind of ... petered out through the last season. The series finale was kind of eeehhhh (I liked it, but I didn't love it, and had a few moments of 'Whyyyyyyyy????' and concepts introduced last minute that would have been good if they'd continued the show but in a single episode were oh hay McGuffin anyone?) The single episode that I was focusing on had plot holes you could drive a city through, so I went and made my own canon for that reality. And then took care of the character who they were really vague about whether he died at the end or not.
I need to watch the other two series in the franchise tho.
Anyway. Hotel California will be a book someday, if I can get through this second book (and maybe a third? IDK) in the fanficish universe.
Anyway. Yeah, still sickish. Working 12 hour shifts, out of meds, and trying to get a refill on an expired scrip. I've written a little, planned a little, and hopefully readers will forgive me when I get back into posting, because it's probably going to be a few more days until I can post. Have to do some establishing, before I loose the shadow monster onto the base, and figure out how they're going to deal with it.
And it's bedtime!