a place to talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other better
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Re: Watcha doing today?

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:27 am
Gemma wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:22 am
brokensword wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:08 pm doing a few household chores today, the Christmas tree rebuild for this year being most important. And for a change, I DIDN'T use more than a couple swear words when putting on the lights!!! That's a win any day!

stXmas.gif
you swear? :shocked:
Wait'll ya hear him when he tries to wax that gator! Ha ha dog.gif
heh; point for lil Queenie!! :thumbsup:
screened 7k pond, bog filter, 40+gf, 41 koi
http://www.swordofshakespeare.com/Sword ... rtal2.html
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

Gemma wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:58 pm
SarahT wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:01 am
Gemma wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:53 pm

I had to stay far away because it is a large area but here you can see the three gates where I would put the arches...keep in mind that in time the whole fence would be covered as well

what a nice open space with a deer proof (?) garden area. I like the other suggestions you have gotten, and think I'll add "trumpet honeysuckle" (this is NOT trumpet vine which takes over), and carolina jessamine. Both bloom with a nice fragrance, and like most vines, will need some trimming and pruning so they won't take over. They may not be hardy to zone 6, so might be an annual for you. I have found that Florida's county agents are really helpful with ideas, maybe yours would have some ideas suitable to the area? I look forward to seeing arches and vines and leaves on the trees.
After intensive research I made up my mind!... we will plant Native Honeysuckle vines, specifically Major Wheeler, Coral and Peaches&Cream Honeysuckle that seem to be the most prolific and worry-free of them all.
I will post a thread in the gardening section to show the unfolding project, in a few months.

Thank you so much @SarahT, you've been a great help!Image
Fantastic choices. I can't wait to see it all next year! (Glad I was helpful).
SarahT
Reactions:

Post by SarahT »

brokensword wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:52 am
brokensword wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:08 pm doing a few household chores today, the Christmas tree rebuild for this year being most important. And for a change, I DIDN'T use more than a couple swear words when putting on the lights!!! That's a win any day!

stXmas.gif
ha, funny story; growing up, I NEVER even said the D word let along swore. Family didn't, so I wasn't exposed until high school (there abouts). Then, maybe a little. Since being married to mrsBroken, well...let's just say my vocabulary got enhanced, shall we?

Seriously, am surprised how quickly now I resort to such when something goes wrong. I suppose tis just venting it out but still...am not proud of it, all the same, but over time, what USED to be anti-social has sure become everyday usage for just about everyone I meet these days. Like swearing isn't what it used to be. And I think that's expected; if you overuse a word and 'normalize' it, well, it sort of loses all it's thunder, you know?

And I'll also put this bad habit down to getting older and 'just not caring' as much. Yeah, I know, sad sad sad!

stXmas.gif
Not so sad, and common. I haven't completely broken the habit (brought on by 2 years of working for the worst boss whose swearing would make sailers blush. I mean horrible, mean vicious word choices!), but I'm pleased I broke most of the habit. Can fewer cookies be far behind? He*&^%k, no!
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

stXmas.gif
ha, funny story; growing up, I NEVER even said the D word let along swore. Family didn't, so I wasn't exposed until high school (there abouts). Then, maybe a little. Since being married to mrsBroken, well...let's just say my vocabulary got enhanced, shall we?

Seriously, am surprised how quickly now I resort to such when something goes wrong. I suppose tis just venting it out but still...am not proud of it, all the same, but over time, what USED to be anti-social has sure become everyday usage for just about everyone I meet these days. Like swearing isn't what it used to be. And I think that's expected; if you overuse a word and 'normalize' it, well, it sort of loses all it's thunder, you know?

And I'll also put this bad habit down to getting older and 'just not caring' as much. Yeah, I know, sad sad sad!

stXmas.gif
Ok so you're saying Mrs broken is a lot to handle
Just kidding, I understand what you meant:cheesyGrin:
Don't beat yourself up, in a moment of temporary insanity due to frustration, a swear word (or 2-3..) is allowed...that's what I tell myself anyways :-P
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
https://www.swordofshakespeare.com/viewtopic.php?t=104&start=48
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

Gemma wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:55 pm

stXmas.gif
Ok so you're saying Mrs broken is a lot to handle
Just kidding, I understand what you meant:cheesyGrin:
Don't beat yourself up, in a moment of temporary insanity due to frustration, a swear word (or 2-3..) is allowed...that's what I tell myself anyways :-P
well, I just wish I could stop but as I age, frustration sure gets the best of me! I know the swearing is just my way of getting it out, which is good (if no one is in earshot!!) as I don't want it to fester. But I'll admit, I 'care' less re my language than I did when younger. I used to say 'shoot, dang' when younger but they got lost in the shuffle as I got older, I guess!

And re mrsBroken; oh, she keeps me on my toes, for sure!! Isn't that what spouses are for???? Says so in the manual...she gave me... :cheesyGrin:
stXmas.gif
stXmas.gif (25.79 KiB) Viewed 281 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

This is more like a watcha been doing for several days now post. Took some shots of our wood cutting project. Can never turn down free wood ya know! Beautiful place to cut it. Lots of nice scenery, sheep, train bridge where trains pass us by each day, river and mountains and flying men/women in there flying machines while we work hard in the freezing cold. Actually it does warm up into the 40's eventually. More wood to get so we will be going back for several more times off and on. Need to unload it every other day at home and then go back for more the next day.

brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

j.w wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:08 pm This is more like a watcha been doing for several days now post. Took some shots of our wood cutting project. Can never turn down free wood ya know! Beautiful place to cut it. Lots of nice scenery, sheep, train bridge where trains pass us by each day, river and mountains and flying men/women in there flying machines while we work hard in the freezing cold. Actually it does warm up into the 40's eventually. More wood to get so we will be going back for several more times off and on. Need to unload it every other day at home and then go back for more the next day.
DAYUM, GURL, does this mean I can't make no mo fun of ya re lazy royalty???? Sheesh, now, THAT's proper work, I must say! Good thing the two of ya are still youngins, hey? Double sheesh! Makes me tired just looking at the size of that tree and what it takes to get it all nice and tidy into the lower Annex dungeon so we peeps can keep ya Royals' feet all nice and cozy at night!!!

And I thought I was working hard...

Hats off to ya, Missy! And, mrMissy, too!

Btw, that hang gliding fella, that wasn't mrJW, was it????

If not, it SHOULD be!!

:roll: :roll: :beaming: :cool: :!:
stXmas.gif
stXmas.gif (25.79 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Cat-twirly-Xmas.gif
Cat-twirly-Xmas.gif (32.25 KiB) Viewed 260 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:30 pm
j.w wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:08 pm This is more like a watcha been doing for several days now post. Took some shots of our wood cutting project. Can never turn down free wood ya know! Beautiful place to cut it. Lots of nice scenery, sheep, train bridge where trains pass us by each day, river and mountains and flying men/women in there flying machines while we work hard in the freezing cold. Actually it does warm up into the 40's eventually. More wood to get so we will be going back for several more times off and on. Need to unload it every other day at home and then go back for more the next day.
DAYUM, GURL, does this mean I can't make no mo fun of ya re lazy royalty???? Sheesh, now, THAT's proper work, I must say! Good thing the two of ya are still youngins, hey? Double sheesh! Makes me tired just looking at the size of that tree and what it takes to get it all nice and tidy into the lower Annex dungeon so we peeps can keep ya Royals' feet all nice and cozy at night!!!

And I thought I was working hard...

Hats off to ya, Missy! And, mrMissy, too!

Btw, that hang gliding fella, that wasn't mrJW, was it????

If not, it SHOULD be!!

:roll: :roll: :beaming: :cool: :!:

stXmas.gifCat-twirly-Xmas.gif
I'm not lazy when it comes to free firewood as that stuff is not cheap when you have to buy it and propane etc. is even worse! That tree you saw was the 2nd one. We had already cut the rounds up off the first one and brought it home a couple days before this one. We have several more left...........this is gonna take awhile!

Nope Mr jwhubby has no time for hang motor gliding. He has work to do! Right now he's outside unloading the stuff we got yesterday and putting it up on pallets so it can wait there covered w/a tarp nice and dry till we get around to splitting it all up..................whenever that might be!
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Looks like a lot of work! ...but you're right it's all worth it :)
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
Gemma
Reactions:

Post by Gemma »

Not much going on today, it's too cold for me to go anywhere now that I'm all done wrapping presents and decorate
@brokensword if you decide you want an umbrella palm (or 2) I think it's best I split mine now so it has a chance to grow nice, and like I said no need to winterize I always have enough to share if you're interested
6,500gl Hybrid koi Pond
brokensword
me
Reactions:

Post by brokensword »

awwww, lookee what the valley peon kids did! And right there in the Annex' front yard! How quaint, how considerate, hey @j.w ??? Looks like your 'fame' is getting noticed! heh heh

Good trick, btw, ifn ya really COULD not throw like a gurl!! snicker snicker!!
snowman-JW-snowballs.gif
snowman-JW-snowballs.gif (59.16 KiB) Viewed 243 times
j.w
Reactions:

Post by j.w »

brokensword wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:01 pm awwww, lookee what the valley peon kids did! And right there in the Annex' front yard! How quaint, how considerate, hey @j.w ??? Looks like your 'fame' is getting noticed! heh heh

Good trick, btw, ifn ya really COULD not throw like a gurl!! snicker snicker!!

snowman-JW-snowballs.gif
Oh the inhumanity and shamelessness and disrespect Mr Kingy Boy! You for sure will be getting nothing but coal in your stocking and a lot of it as the furnace needs filling, now get busy!
Keep a lookout your window as it's on the way!
Naughty sml.jpg
sml coal train.gif
sml coal guy.gif